1965 barracuda advise wanted

-
Ok then think bout the brakes man Thats what i would update before i did a motor swap you still have the 1 pot master C .... JUNK

Normally I would say do what you want but that car is so pristine please do not alter it.

Yea going to need brakes bad and make sure its an 8.75 rear. If its the peanut rear you are going to snap it fast. Although I was suprised at the stock peanut that stood the abuse I threw at it trying to break it, don't bother find an 8.75 if it already doesn't have one.

Damn that's a nice cuda! Man its going to be a shame to do a transplant but its your car not anybody else's so get er done.

I look at it this way, for under 10K I got a REAL nice car that basically needs nothing...... I have a hemi engine that I want to install in something And I think that for the money I spent, this car would be awsum with the Hemi in it.

I agree with HotLines -Put the Hemi in,just keep the original parts for resale purposes. That is a VERY nice car! I wish that mine looked half that good!

I started my modifications with a 62,000 mile rust free straight as an arrow black with red interior fully optioned 1964 Plymouth Signet and never looked back.

I stated my advice on my first reply as I am no purist, I am a car guy..

Somebody spent a lot more than 10K and love of the car to get it to what it is.

I would suggest selling it for a profit and buying a car that needs what you want to do done to it

Somebody spent a lot more than 10K and love of the car to get it to what it is.

I would suggest selling it for a profit and buying a car that needs what you want to do done to it
I understand that a lot of money was spent on the car, but if I buy another car, I too would spend a lot of money to get it where this car is now... Enven the undercarrage is detailed. So why spend more money on a project car when I have one already done for less money. I am still leaning on putting the hemi in it ...... Anyone need a 273 CID engine?

I say do it and keep what you remove.

Beautiful car btw. I love the color combo

Sorry but its not done my new friend . You are going to have to rip it apart agin to get the car to be safe and run right if you do this . IE Brakes ,trans . New shifter. Your sifter is cable type . Im sure ther is more but i dont know them

I do understand what the engine swap would consist of.... The big things are I would not have to do body work, paint, interior, undercarriage ect.....the car is so nicelookingbthe way it is , it would be even nicer when the hood opens and there is a hemi under it .

Personally, the only thing I would do to that car is add disc brakes and a front sway bar (maybe larger torsion bars). It's a rare car with the ONLY desirable engine for the year. I'm not a huge purist, but there are some cars that I just would not modify and this is one of them...

But, like said above, it's your car, do what you want. BUT, you did ask for opinions...

Personally, the only thing I would do to that car is add disc brakes and a front sway bar (maybe larger torsion bars). It's a rare car with the ONLY desirable engine for the year. I'm not a huge purist, but there are some cars that I just would not modify and this is one of them...

But, like said above, it's your car, do what you want. BUT, you did ask for opinions...
Yes I agree with you on the disc brakes when I dothe engine swap....the car already has a front sway bar, I believe it came that way when it was new. I also do appreciate your opinion .... I do not know much about the early barracudas and I do not care for them much but this car has a lot of eye appeal to it

Wow! Great looking car!
Welcome to this site.

I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish? Is your goal just to make the car faster? Then a 360 punched out a bit would probably be much easier and run faster. Plus you would still need to improve brakes & driveline.

Are you doing it just to use the Hemi? Well that's not a bad reason but doesn't make a lot of sense since its not a easy swap.

I think you need to decide on a goal for this car and then decide what to do.

Wow! Great looking car!
Welcome to this site.

I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish? Is your goal just to make the car faster? Then a 360 punched out a bit would probably be much easier and run faster. Plus you would still need to improve brakes & driveline.

Are you doing it just to use the Hemi? Well that's not a bad reason but doesn't make a lot of sense since its not a easy swap.

I think you need to decide on a goal for this car and then decide what to do.

The goal was to use the hemi, I originally was looking for an E body and found that the cost of a decent E body was a lot more the the 9k I paid for this car and the E body would still need ain't and body work and probably a lot more to get it to look decent .......this car actually goes pretty good for what it is.....

a few members have asked me to post more pics, I just got the car yesterday and only have a few here are a few when it arrived to my house.

You have a real nice car there.

Option one: Stick a key in it and enjoy it now and every day in the future.

Option two: Fight with it for months or even a year, spend a bunch of money, miss a bunch of shows, tell your friends about what a nice car you have but how it isn't running yet (I have been doing this for 5 years) and hopefully, if everything goes right, before you get sick of it all..... Someday, and at some point, stick a key in it and enjoy it.

I'd probably still leave it alone, but your picture of the rear valence tells me that it is not an original 273 four barrel car...Also, very few non-Formula S Barracudas came with the sway bar. Not saying that is not original to this car, either, just that it wouldn't be common.

I'd probably still leave it alone, but your picture of the rear valence tells me that it is not an original 273 four barrel car...Also, very few non-Formula S Barracudas came with the sway bar. Not saying that is not original to this car, either, just that it wouldn't be common.
Actually it is a 273 4bbl car the rear valance does have a single cut out for one exhaust pipe, the owner wanted it to have dual and reworked the valance panel
I was told the car has the original sway bar on the front.

You have a real nice car there.

Option one: Stick a key in it and enjoy it now and every day in the future.

Option two: Fight with it for months or even a year, spend a bunch of money, miss a bunch of shows, tell your friends about what a nice car you have but how it isn't running yet (I have been doing this for 5 years) and hopefully, if everything goes right, before you get sick of it all..... Someday, and at some point, stick a key in it and enjoy it.

Some have that problem on option two and some accomplish a Hi-Tech conversion in less than a month. Which brings up the fact that some have the money to do so and some don't

I guess that's why we see many cars here in less desirable condition up for sale..

-
Back