1965 Barracuda dash trivia

-

ehValiantguy

Reaction score
What's wrong with this pic? More questions to follow...

My Cuda.JPG

Where's your heater controls? Must be a heater delete car.

That's cool. Heater delete but has a radio?

Whats with the dash pad??? that's not original 65.

The radio face plate is wrong...the top edge should be wider than the bottom edge.

Dash pad doesn't have the indentation in the center. Looks like a dash pad from a dart or something

I think the radio faceplate is correct. Looks just like the one my Mom had in her 65. I see the heater delete. Cool! I've seen both types of dash pads offered for early Barracudas' with or without the indents in the middle.

I think the radio faceplate is correct. Looks just like the one my Mom had in her 65. I see the heater delete. Cool! I've seen both types of dash pads offered for early Barracudas' with or without the indents in the middle.

I agree, the radio plate is correct for a 65 Valiant/Cuda. It's the same in my stock 65 Cuda and the two extras I have hanging in the garage. The 64 and 66 are different, as well as the Darts.

I've owned twelve 64-65 Valiants and Cuda's and I have only seen one style dash pad for the Valiants and Cuda's, the 66 is diferent and so is the Darts but the 65 Valiants/Cuda's all came with the one with the indent in the middle.

thats cool. ive never seen that on a 65 before. i like my 63 because the heater controls mounted along the bottom of the dash. so i just had to take them off and i didnt have to look for a heater delete plate.

Hi & ty all for posting, except for one brilliant one... What are gagues anyway? Wow... Anyways, moving forward... My BB storm IS CRAPPY... So I will post when I get home!

Fun times one little pic can bring. Posted it cause, yes, it has no heater controls. But really wanted to see who would notice the dash pad, I know, easy to spot as well, just neat seeing the replies & what other members have on their cars & what you all remember & what you have seen throughout the years. My original dash pad (one with indentation in the middle) was cracked as so many are, so @ the time that was all I could come up with. (no such thing as a dash cap back in the 80s! It has a little crack too! Some of you said Dart dash etc... and yes my 66 Dart had the same dash. BUT, Canadian 64-5 Barracudas had this dash as well. Hence the question "what's wrong with this pic" American dash/Cdn dash pad.

Anyways, have had the car since '86 & it was bone stock when I got it & that is the radio plate that came in it, not that it could not have been in the 20+ years prior, can some of you post you radio plate pics? As Blownfish said, it will only go on one way, but if someone could put it upside down... I could! j/k, Do I really have to go to my car & look!?!

OK, so does anyone else have a heater delete? Anyone seen one with a cig lighter delete as well, I don't think so... but hey, ya never know!?! My 65 Val 100 has one, but different dash trim...

Ps. apparently Auto Meter gauges are crappy... Guess I should have stipulated... "BTW my car is not stock!"

Thanks for the fun & info/input & COOL cars everyone!

I've got a '66 Barracuda heater delete car! Original Hawaii car. It's the earliest '66 I've run across with a 8/17 build date. Anyone have an earlier one? It's a strange car.....273 Commando, 4 speed, buckets, console, 150 speedo, tach, 8 3/4, disc brake, HD suspension, etc. but not a Formula S.
Thanks, Mark

If you try to put the radio faceplate on upside down, you can't see what station you are on. It will only fit one way.

i have one from a 66 dart in the FS section now,it was from a S Fla car,how do you post a pic without a URL link

-
Back