1965 Barracuda Interior Plastic Trunk Corner Moldings Fasteners?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I seem to remember some kind of plastic inserts that disintegrated into powder when I removed these moldings (photo #1) almost four years ago and maybe some screws also. The molding on the left has some window screen glued onto the small hole locations because I need to repair them with some two-part epoxy.

The holes in the interior body beneath the huge rear window are: one pair of approx. 5/16" diameter on bottom (photo #2 shows one hole) and another smaller pair holes of approx. 7/64" on the top (photo #3-hard to see because the smaller holes are in the shadows). Anyone remember what type of fasteners the factory provided in these locations? Thank you.

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IIRC, they are just phillips pan head screws that hold those plastic elbows on.

I finally found a plastic sandwich bag which contains four tiny 1/4" long #8 Phillips headed screws (5/32") (see photo #1) and bits and pieces of a push type plastic fastener that must go in the larger four 3/16" holes/slots (see representative photo #2-not actual factory part). Large holes in the plastic are oversize to allow a little wiggle room. Thank you.

IMG_0295.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 4.26.30 PM.png

-
Back