1965 Barracuda Radiator Help

-

Sjohnson

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got a quick question for you all out there that have done this swap. I have a 360 small block V8 sitting in my 65 Cuda atm and I went to Jegs to buy a radiator for me to keep pushing forward on getting this lovely car road worthy. I get the radiator and it is too big...so my question is what radiator have you all went with and does it work well? I dont have much room to use a stock radiator and fan. I NEED HELP! haha.

I'm running a Champion 3 row aluminium radiator. I kept the original top and bottom hose location with this radiator.
20180311_150146.jpg
20180126_192250.jpg

Yes, my lower hose location is on the right side if you're facing the vehicle. It's tight I understand, but that radiator fits! It's in my 65 Cuda I see no reason it wouldn't fit into yours! 65'

Yes, my lower hose location is on the right side if you're facing the vehicle. It's tight I understand, but that radiator fits! It's in my 65 Cuda I see no reason it wouldn't fit into yours! 65'
You sir....are awesome! Thank you for the information and what you use!

Also something I just thought of are you running an automatic transmission as well?

I used the same radiator but had to make a fiberglass shroud for it because there is so little room under the hood there is little space for air to blow. The fan didn't draw through the radiator, even when spaced very close, without the shroud.

I used the same radiator but had to make a fiberglass shroud for it because there is so little room under the hood there is little space for air to blow. The fan didn't draw through the radiator, even when spaced very close, without the shroud.

So with the radiator I will have to have a shroud to go with it...also of course some sort of overflow can would I not?

I can't say if you will need a shroud or not. Mine did. I also added an overflow cap and a reservior. Automatic here too.

-
Back