1965 Barracuda- Restomod

-
what is the company that makes those tail lights????

the company's name is TECHNOSTALGIA
THERE WEB SITE IS www.cool-leds.com

i dont think you will find them on there site yet if at alll,,,these were made out of exsisting boards they use,,

they build custom tail lites for the street rod industry,,and a few other popular cars,,mustang,nova,,ETC,, so i sent them a housing they made fit what they had,,,they also adapted some mounting system,,so the board mountes in to the hole where the orignal bulb socket was,,so no modifing of any kind,,just wire it up,,

if you use your standard front turn signal buld you will be fine,,if you make the front LED you will need a no load flasher,,,,

here is the number, ,,( 866 ) 258-5670 ask for TODD,, tell him you wantr the led boards he made with the mounting bracket for the 66 plymuth b cuda i sent him,,i would assume it will fit a 64/65 housing,,my cost was less because i donated a housing,,, it should cost you around 79 bucks for the complete kit,,,,

here is a pic on the car,,

resized  75% smaller.jpg

that still looks so clean

Ok, today I bout two straight bumpers for my Barracuda, each came with mounting brackets and hardware.

IMG_0262.jpg

I was just working a little chrome polish into the bumper and about 99% of the surface rust came out with little effort.

OK here is a little preview folks,

The new shifter grip with matching wheel.

securedownload-5.jpg

The hood with new grill.

securedownload-2-1.jpg

The profile, lowered 1 inch in the front.

securedownload-1-2.jpg

Thoughts?

I like the scoops and the stance looks just right!! What are you using for rear springs? Get that shifter and steering wheel in and give us more car ****!!

The stock leaf springs.

Haha guys you got it I'll get more for you.

Next bit of work is the hydraulic clutch and the brake booster install.

I'll get some more pics.

I love scoops very nicely ,

which wheel and tire combination you have on it.

I am already glad about the next pictures
:)

Hey great build! I have a 66 barracuda I've been playing with here and there your acheivements on the build are motivational I really like the fuel cap you added I'm going to have to find one for mine! Although anything would be better than the uncovered filler tube I have now! Hahaha keep up the good work and keep the pictures flowing!

Hey great build! I have a 66 barracuda I've been playing with here and there your acheivements on the build are motivational I really like the fuel cap you added I'm going to have to find one for mine! Although anything would be better than the uncovered filler tube I have now! Hahaha keep up the good work and keep the pictures flowing!

I can hook you up with a solid chrome one from a 67 cuda and 4mulasvaliant can get you the adaptor ring.

I have a billet grille I'm going to cut and size for placement inside the intakes. It's going to match the front grill.

My wheels are just deep dish steel wheels with a 5x4 pattern with dart hub caps.

We are goin to drill for the intake seals.

I feel the scoops make the car look a little mean, the new grill makes the front also look smoother. Not so roundish and blunt. I can't wait to paint in the winter and do a black satin hood.

securedownload-9.jpg

securedownload-7.jpg

A little bit more clean up inside before summer time.

securedownload-8.jpg

I want to get gator skin for the interior, the plastic upper door frame trim, arm rests, dash pads and for the custom console I'm going to build.

Something clean like the lower left black sample.
Gator.jpg

I really like the gator skin in black! Can you tell me where you came across the sample provided? More info please..

Hey man, this thing is lookin like a serious street fighter! Love it!
Oh and thx for sending people my way! I dont think I have but 1 or 2 adapters left!

Hey man, this thing is lookin like a serious street fighter! Love it!
Oh and thx for sending people my way! I dont think I have but 1 or 2 adapters left!

I might be getting the early barracuda community turned on to the idea of them, if I do you're the man I'm sending em to!

Havent done much work lately, but I am aiming to go down again with the weekend coming up.

Thats when I'll dolt in the new brake booster and clutch components.

After that, in goes the steering column.

Now here is what is bugging me, I have to pull the windshield. I got a leak coming in from under the new gasket from somewhere. Plus I dont know if I even have the right gasket. It dosent seem to fit right in the corners like the old one did, the warranty is out though by like 2 years.

I already started getting samples of upholstery for the custom interior. Those should be getting here by next week.

Anyone know how to pull out the dash pad in a 66 valiant? I for the life of me cannot figure it out.

-
Back