1965 Barracuda- Restomod

-
Remove the gauge cluster and glovebox liner to gain access, should be about 7 nuts, I believe are 5/16???

I agree on the scoops, they look great. Gotta profile with the scoops on it? I think it probably looks better in a profile view of it. Id like to see.

By the way, I will be making a set of the led tail lights to fit my Valiant. Ill be sure to keep you posted on how they come out.

Hey night rider I dont know if I missed it in your thread But I would like some more details on your grill. It looks awesome, but its not stock is it? please elaborate
Thanks Andy

The grill is from a 64 valiant. They have the same front grill mounts. I had to modify mounting points cause it got pushed in from, I guess a collision.

But yeah it's not stock for the cuda.

the upholstery supply company called me today and let me know that I should have the gator samples in th mail today.

I can't wait.

Here are the color samples I got.

Black is a for sure.
IMG_0344.jpg

I was curious about yellow
IMG_0346.jpg

This is actually purple.
IMG_0345.jpg

Sittin in the car right now. Not much going to do on it today, maybe just clean the seat brackets and switch them to the new seats.

Got a ton more pics I'll share tomorrow when I get home.

IMG_0353.jpg

Here is a profile shot for you guys.

A better head on shot.

IMG_0354.jpg

Just waiting.

IMG_0355.jpg

"Custom" Hahaha

IMG_0367.jpg

Passenger floors.

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

One day side by side in my garage.

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

Cars looking good, should be a fun ride. May want to swap the scoops side to side, you have the right on the left and left on the right.

Night rider,, your resto has really been informative to me. I love the gator seats idea. You asked about electric windows,,google A1 Electric. They carry the parts for power windows and door locks for the Barracuda. I have a 65' myself and am going to install power windows ,but I am going to another company for the door switches. I want my inners to look stock, so i am going to use a switch kit that makes the stock door handles work as the switch. Check them out.

Bought a console yesterday. Super rough but the base isn't cracked, just chipped. I'll epoxy it at the base sand and upholstery it in gator. I'm going to make new wooden top panels and stain the wood to match the wheel and shifter.

I'll get it at the end of the week and start making my plans and where I should to the cup holders.

barracudaconsole.jpg

What do you folks think?

I just picked up a FREE running slant six with a 4 speed bellhousing with fork, boot and A/C condenser on it.

Came from an 80's pickup. I now have my slant six for which I will build my new power plant.

IMG_0385.jpg

I know, not the best tie down you've ever seen, but it works.

IMG_0387.jpg

Nice.

IMG_0388.jpg

Might pull this off now and clean it up to add onto my cuda for the summer.

IMG_0389.jpg

These motor mouths are nicer than the ones currently on my cuda.

IMG_0390.jpg

The 4 speed bellhousing and clutch fork.

Alright, my console got here today!

IMG_0394.jpg

Needs a little work.

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

Super corroded.

IMG_0397.jpg

After a few minutes with a wire brush.

IMG_0398.jpg

I'll convert it over to a four speed column with a custom wood grain top plate complete with cup holders and such.

With what it came from the bellhousing may be from an overdrive and if so due to the input size you will need an adapter ring to use an early 4 speed trans.

With what it came from the bellhousing may be from an overdrive and if so due to the input size you will need an adapter ring to use an early 4 speed trans.

I already have an OD from a 78 Aspen or volare.

I should be set.

I pulled the top plate off of the console and it is beyond repairing. I'm thinking about tossing it, but not before I make a stencil outline for the wooden top plate.

Tomorrow I'll test fit the console into the Cuda and take back some pieces to finish the console. I should have the console finished by next Friday. I'll upholster it at a later time.

I sized up the console to find about where to mount my shifter.

securedownload-3-2.jpg

I was going to do more but then I got distracted.

securedownload-11.jpg

My dad is restoring a 67 Coronet for a customer.

securedownload-1-3.jpg

And then Eleanor came by for a visit.

securedownload-2-2.jpg

That was a real sweet ride.

This week I have a lot of work ahead of me to fabricate the new top plate out of wood, staining the wood, mounting the shifter boot and then cleaning up the FUEL caps and getting them shining again.

Are you going to make a custom bracket set to mount the console? If not let me know. I can give you a link to a video on where to place the original brackets. Also, if you need to put a new black plastic piece in that console (the part around the shifter handle) let me know, I had to replace mine and I did it for super cheap. Let me know.
Good progress man. Oh be sure to dump that crappy 80's carb set off of that /6! Those things suck!

Sure send me the link that would be super helpful!

I'm going to get the triple draught intake from Clifford and do three weber carbs all the way around.

I want to upgrade to big bolt pattern, but all of the a body 8 1/4 and 8 3/4 rears I find are too much money.

I got a lead on a nice 8 3/4 out of a New Yorker, I would just have to cut it down and add new axels. The guy wants 150.

But for 100 I can get a Dana 60 and cut it down and do the same for the car.

The question is, should I hold out and wait till I find the right rear end? Or should I just cave.

EDIT- The Dana was sold.

-
Back