1965 D-Dart CAR CRAFT 1965

-

yellowdartdave

RIP 1-5-12
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I finally went thru my magazine collection and found this for your viewing pleasure.

On the 2nd picture, notice the Monroney Label on the window.

D-DART1.jpg

D-DART2.jpg

Thats way cool. Thanks for sharing.

Herd some where the NHRA does to recognise the D-Dart any more.

I was under the impression the D Dart was 66 only.

It's not a D-dart in the sence your thinking, that of a production car. It's a D/MP which is an NHRA designation. What front bumper is on it though...a 64? definately not a 65 front bumper.

I actually have that issue and I love the way they made the best of the parts available. No aftermarket parts yet! How about the homemade rear suspension! Great to see the innovation back then, before the money took over the sport.

Cool article and pictures. Love drag history, thanks for posting. Can't make it out real good with my eyes but doesn't second paragraph say it was running in the 12's ?

Oldschoolcuda

It's not a D-dart in the sence your thinking, that of a production car. It's a D/MP which is an NHRA designation. What front bumper is on it though...a 64? definately not a 65 front bumper.

Hay, thanks for the ejoomakashun.

Assuming 150-200lbs added for rear & suspension mod's

Attachments

• 1 slip.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 340
As for the front bumper, I think they put on a earlier and smaller one to be able to mount the towing tabs.

I finally went thru my magazine collection and found this for your viewing pleasure.

On the 2nd picture, notice the Monroney Label on the window.

D-DART1.jpg

D-DART2.jpg

This article is not about a D/stock car- it's a Modified Production car- It is not the Mopar stock class car- but a cool car- I showed up at Mason dixon in Hagerstown, MD in '65 with 14" sawdust snow tires and had to run Modified Production with a stock '65 Valiant 100 273 Commando car (which was classified E stock in 1965)- unfortunately the Nat'l Record holder was there- boy was I embarassed.

Thanks for sharing, Dave. What mag/issue was that?
Scott, That photo of you in the water box really shows off the size of your rear tires. Your car has come a long way and you're doing a great job with it. Mike

-
Back