1965 Dart, 225, Crankcase ventilation and exhaust pipe.

-
Digging up an old thread here, hoping for some help with my PCV valve on my 63. (CA car).
How does this thing come off? I don't believe the actual valve connecting to the hose is original, but maybe it is. I believe it's the source of a significant vacuum leak. The valve coming out the top that the hose connects to is really loose, and I see no retainer or anything on the valve body to turn to remove it. Almost thinking the valve cover has to come off to loosen something, but surely not! The one on classic industries is pretty, but $135? No!

IMG_0320.JPG

Just pull up on the cap, the PCV valve has a nut on the inside

Just pull up on the cap, the PCV valve has a nut on the inside

Yes, I got it off. Looking at the new one on classic industries gave me the hint that this pulled off. I did have to pry a bit, not sure when or if it had even been off! Is there supposed to be a spring inside? I cleaned up the valve, still rattles, so I think it's good to go back on.

Thanks!

1 3/8" never knew they made them that small, LOL I thought 1 1/2 was the smallest.
All exhaust tubing is sized by OD, & 90% is 16 gauge, so as such the ID is usually 1/8" less than the OD. And yes, Slantys had 1/2" tails on early A's, less in the bends...

The OP did say inside, but there is smaller tubing.....

-
Back