1965 Dart fender tag question

-

Dr John OConnor PhD

Pimp juice a Hemi's best friend
Reaction score
on the fender tag the so and number the so is the build date what does the number represent is it just the order number or is it related to the vin sequence ?

my car says:
So: 219
Number: 06109
Body: L11
Trm: L1T
Paint: SSI Y

Because the rad support stamp number match the 06109 number

Last edited:
That date was part of the SO number, but actual 'build dates' were not recorded back then.

Sometimes the scheduled assembly date on the fendertag don't match with the actually build date on the radiator support. I've seen 3 cars that has a later build date then stamped on the fendertag.

Last edited:
I am more interested in the number 06109 and what that refers to?
its on my fender tag and radiator support does it have anything to do with the vin sequence

I am more interested in the number 06109 and what that refers to?
its on my fender tag and radiator support does it have anything to do with the vin

The Chrysler dealership placed an order with the zone representative. Then the zone reps placed an order with Chrysler at Highland Park. The Chrysler planned the production and the order number are those 5 digits.

we just found this number stamp on the block 5(U/0)3456U5- SECOND DIGIT IS U OR 0
ANY ONE KNOE WHAT THIS MEANS PASENGER SIDE ABOVE FAR LEFT

Sometimes the scheduled assembly date on the fendertag don't match with the actually build date on the radiator support. I've seen 3 cars that has a later build date then stamped on the fendertag.

"Build dates" were not stamped in the body either.

So possibly typographical errors?

-
Back