1965 Dart GT Convertable repaint

-
Man that sure looks sweet! My friend has a 65 Gt 'vert that I would love to buy but I have no place for it and no funds at this time. Maybe someday!

I suppose the rear springs are stock. they are the ones that were on it when I bought it. They look original.

I'm having a hard time getting the tail lights on the pass side to line up. The one on the fender seems to fit right but the inside one on the trunk lid seems as though it's twisted down. I enlarged the mounting holes some but I can't get it straight.
I had that problem on mine. (didn't have it in paint) I had to split the quarter panel and put a wedge splice piece in to get it closer to normal 0 to .200 wedge was really close in order to get the tail light and the trunk light to line up. I think it's a 65-66 problem. since all the pic's and eyeball looks have the same problem not real bad on some but noticeable on others. I have a couple of pictures of 65's that are like that also (somewhere on this computer)

you can see it on most of the trunk lids. it's a PITA to fix
View attachment !BUQt!ywB2k~$(KGrHgoH-DkEjlLly2R-BKMnGgmMHQ~~_12.jpg

View attachment 3d3e_0.jpg

View attachment !BW4vPPQB2k~$(KGrHgoH-DoEjlLluCsSBKZhf9,NN!~~_1.jpg

View attachment dart%20rear.jpg

Just putting the puzzle back together.

Attachments

• right rear quarter (Custom).JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 156
  • REFLECTIONS 3 (Custom).JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 152
  • rear 2 (Custom).JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 172
  • new door handle (Custom).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 172
  • grill 2 (Custom).JPG
    60 KB · Views: 170
  • against the wall (Custom).JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 177
Mine would be about as far along as yours if I didn't keep doing body mods to it. Kinda wish I would have left it alone but Its not in my nature.

Almost all the chrome back on. All of the lights are working again. That was an ordeal. The only thing not working now is the alternator. I pulled it off and had it checked at the auto parts store, checked good. I don't trust the operator. It still doesn't charge. I'm going to replace it. As soon as I get that resolved, I'm going to put the interior back in. I'll have it ready for Mopars at the Lake in Kenner, La. April 26th.

Attachments

• IMG_1248 (Custom).JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1249 (Custom).JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1250 (Custom).JPG
    79 KB · Views: 106
Well I reinstalled the splash shields under the front fenders and moved on to the interior. The dash pad is a pain to install. The instrument cluster is now in and functional. I by-passed the Amp meter. Wish I could install a volt meter in its place. I'll add pics when it's all in.
Where can I find the material that the vent window sits in in the chrome frame?

-
Back