1965 Dart GT Convertable repaint

-
Yea my header and A pillar pieces are pitted and look like **** as well. Seems like a trend huh? Post pics if you will of the spray chrome if you get them done. I'd like to buy the system to do that but the chrome efx system is not cheap. I'd have to pump out a lot of pieces for people to make it worth while.

Those Torque Thrust wheels do look good. I agree, they are more open than the old Cragar SS's. tmm

I wish that my 65 Dart Gt convert was under way looking like that. No plans for it, though. It sits inside the garage while I work on other car projects.

This has been a pita!!!! The paint guy didn't finish my car. Some of the work he did was far less than acceptable. I had to have another shop re-do the hood. I had to re-do the rockers, cowl and the trunk lid. If you remember in one of the earlier pics, he was sand blasting the firewall with nothing covering the windshield. You guessed it, he ruined the windshield. I have a new one ordered. I had hoped to have it back together by the end of September. Well, October is almost gone and it is a long way from finished. I press on!!

All these troubles will make interesting stories later on!! No fun at the moment though. Don't give up, she's coming along!!:burnout:

Sucks man. It never fails don't it? Seems like more and more guys are getting screwed when it comes to paint finishing. It really sucks that guys won't stand behind their work. Hope it gets squared away for you man. Any questions on paint ill be happy to share with you, pm me.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. I need it. This thing has worn me out. I have named the car Maggie, cause sometimes "I wish I had never seen her face" LOL. Not really, I love this old girl. I have been to 6 ALL Mopar shows and have never seen another one like it. I like to have something different.
I've been working on my new shop. Here is a pic of some of the progress I've made. Trying to get things organized so I can find them when I need them.

Attachments

• shopsign.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 209
Power disc brakes are complete and new power steering pump installed. Changed P/S pump to a Saginaw pump. Now I can adjust pressure down a bit.
I have fixed all the painter's screw-ups. Now I'll be ready to get it cut and buffed. That is going to have to wait until after Christmas. I'll be happy to start putting the bling back on it.

Got some parts in yesterday. These turned out very nice.

Attachments

• new parts 024 (Custom).JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 190
  • new parts 025 (Custom).JPG
    62 KB · Views: 176
  • new parts 026 (Custom).JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 185
Very nice....The car is going to be a head turner.
Who did the instrument/dash parts ?
Price ?

OK guys, I've made a little progress. Just got the car cut and buffed. I'm going to start putting it back together next week. I think it looks pretty sweet.

Attachments

• SHOP - CAR 076 (Custom).JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 145
  • SHOP - CAR 079 (Custom).JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 141
  • SHOP - CAR 077 (Custom).JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 138
Thanks. I can't wait to start putting it back together. I've been painting signs on my wall while I waited for the car to be buffed.

Attachments

• SHOP - CAR 057 (Custom).JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 135
  • SHOP - CAR 070 (Custom).JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 140
Man that looks good. That tan top looks tits. I never thought of a tan top I am going triple black but that looks nice. Are you putting all the trim back on or eliminating some of it?

Thanks guys. It's finally coming together. I thought I had all the fasteners to install the chrome, but when I opened the package, I'm missing the pieces to put the candy cane on and also the pieces across the back of the trunk. I also have to order bumper bolts.

The tire size is 205/40R-15 front and 235/60-15 rear.

I suppose the rear springs are stock. they are the ones that were on it when I bought it. They look original.

I'm having a hard time getting the tail lights on the pass side to line up. The one on the fender seems to fit right but the inside one on the trunk lid seems as though it's twisted down. I enlarged the mounting holes some but I can't get it straight.

-
Back