1965 dart inner fender stamp markings

-

dglearn

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone out here had simular stamp marking on there cars and if they could post pis of them. Thanks

Attachments

• dar core marking.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 270
  • dart core m.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 260
The core support stamping on my 65 Valiant matches the Sales Order on the fender tag. Jayson

Well that explains the core support stamping. However the ink stamp still remains a question. Anyone else ever seen the stamp on the inner fender?? It is on a L.A. built 65 dart gt convertible.

The ink stamp on the inner fender MIGHT be the "paint inspection" stamp.
Just a guess, though.
LA cars differ from MI cars in a lot of areas. I know, my gold '69 Swinger 340 car was an LA built car, and I did a LOT of research during the restoration a few years ago.

George

The ink stamp on the inner fender MIGHT be the "paint inspection" stamp.
Just a guess, though.
LA cars differ from MI cars in a lot of areas. I know, my gold '69 Swinger 340 car was an LA built car, and I did a LOT of research during the restoration a few years ago.

George

I might agree cept that most of thouse were done at lynch plant and were round. like pic. Daniel

Attachments

• VerdenBird104.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 184
I am wondering if most car have lost this over the years not as many replies as i would have thought.. I really would like to know what it might have said there.

I am surprised no one else has see anything like this. This has me at a loss, guess more research is on its way!

I had seen a similar stamp on a 65 Cuda I bought in New York that was sold in California when new. Thats all I can say about it being I brought it home and parted it after it got home.

never saw a stamp, but my Rad support sales order number is a little peculiar: 5540100001?
first of something....?

Attachments

• Anaheim-Santa Ana-Garden Grove-20120216-00043.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 132
another pic, hope someone new has more info

Attachments

• 405.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 106
-
Back