1965 Dart Wagon - A day in the life

-
Just wanted to touch base with everyone. I am still alive and kickin'. I have a new Phone number (Thanks to all that have helped me in this lousy time for me! Bless You!). Please email me and I will send it to you. I have no long distance service on it so you will need to call me. Also, I will try to get in the FABO chat room in the evenings and you can add me on Yahoo: [email protected].

Later,
Bruce B.

UPDATE: I now have unlimited long distance so I can call anybody now. Always willing to chat with any of you so give me a call sometime.

Later,
Bruce B.

That's funny, my dart is missing the exact same piece on the tail lights..

Still no pics from Waggin mopardrt.
As soon as I get some I will get them posted.
I am so excited that she is coming home soon!

Later,
Bruce B.

Alright! Looking forward to following the progress on this one. Bares some slight resemblance to another car I know of, mine. Also just about lost mine for money reasons too. Have been trying to sell it for a while now to get us by til my wives new job kicks in. If we can make it 2 more weeks the wagon and the rest of the family will be out of the woods. Just have to catch up, we are a month behind on rent. But if we make it to the end of October I will be at Spring fling looking for parts. Next year should see a lot of progress on my wagon. Hope you can say the same for 2011. (glad to hear you made it through) and Waggin, it makes me feel good to know there are people like you out there helping the Mopar addicted wagon weirdos.

Alright! Looking forward to following the progress on this one. Bares some slight resemblance to another car I know of, mine. Also just about lost mine for money reasons too. Have been trying to sell it for a while now to get us by til my wives new job kicks in. If we can make it 2 more weeks the wagon and the rest of the family will be out of the woods. Just have to catch up, we are a month behind on rent. But if we make it to the end of October I will be at Spring fling looking for parts. Next year should see a lot of progress on my wagon. Hope you can say the same for 2011. (glad to hear you made it through) and Waggin, it makes me feel good to know there are people like you out there helping the Mopar addicted wagon weirdos.

Hang on to it Timbolia!
Was one of the sadest days in my life when I sold mine.
The only thing that got me through it was waggin bought her and I knew she was going to a good home. Then when I got my SSI back pay waggin offered to sell her back to my at what he paid me. Happy Day!!

OK,
Looks like she is coming home this weekend!! WOO HOO!
Pics when she gets here.

Later,
Bruce B.

This weekend......that's wonderful news!! Will she still be a 4-door, that's the question (jk!)

That's funny, my dart is missing the exact same piece on the tail lights..

This is very common for 65 darts, the reverse lenses practically fell off after a few years of wear and tear. Just about every 65 dart I've seen UNrestored is missing these if it was originally equipped.

Any news on the return of the wagon? My financial woes got worse, but it is looking like there is light at the end of the tunnel. Luckily no one else had any money either or the wagon might not be mine any more. 2011 is still looking to be the year of the Dart. Just talked to my brother (has a couple of 66 mustang fastbacks, poor guy) and he might come down in a month or 2 and help me put a new clutch in behind the 225. Been slipping a little since I got it a year or so ago. Can't wait to see yours when it arrives.

Any news on the return of the wagon? My financial woes got worse, but it is looking like there is light at the end of the tunnel. Luckily no one else had any money either or the wagon might not be mine any more. 2011 is still looking to be the year of the Dart. Just talked to my brother (has a couple of 66 mustang fastbacks, poor guy) and he might come down in a month or 2 and help me put a new clutch in behind the 225. Been slipping a little since I got it a year or so ago. Can't wait to see yours when it arrives.

Glad to hear ya hung onto her!
Mine should be back home soon.
I will post pics here when she gets back.
I picked up a '70 Swinger in the meantime that I would trade for another Slant 6 Dart Wagon.
Best of luck with yours.

Later,
Bruce B.

Hi Bruce,

Yeah money is still tight here, tight enough that any upgrades are on hold, but not so tight that I need to sell. So just driving the wagon for a few months and then back to work on it.

Woo Hoo!
Looks like she is headin' for home!!!
[ame]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150091859457021&comments[/ame]

Later,
Bruce B.

You know your wagon is nice when the video needs no narration....just seeing and hearing, definately worth all the time and effort. Congrats Bruce and Waggin!

Curtis has really done a great job. He's a hell of a guy.

That wagon sounds GREAT! Sorry to say, a lot better than my slant that needs a tune and valve adjustment. Looks like it was worth the wait. Did it come with those tail lights, they look so nice.

I bought 3 of them off e bay and the outer left was nasty cracked up and I clearcoated it and it looks sweet...redhot just left here after doing the front end alignment now just to final bleed the brakes, Mindy is here to give me a hand and helped with the front end alignment.will be on the trailer in the a.m. and on the way sometime tomorrow if all goes well.yes I'm teachin her how to pack wheelbearings the old fashioned way :supz:...........Ya'll think she qualifies for the mopar babes thread???????

Attachments

• mindy gerry brucemobile 019.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 460
  • bruce mindy swap 008.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 503
  • mindy gerry brucemobile 021.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 460
I bought 3 of them off e bay and the outer left was nasty cracked up and I clearcoated it and it looks sweet...redhot just left here after doing the front end alignment now just to final bleed the brakes, Mindy is here to give me a hand and helped with the front end alignment.will be on the trailer in the a.m. and on the way sometime tomorrow if all goes well.yes I'm teachin her how to pack wheelbearings the old fashioned way :supz:...........Ya'll think she qualifies for the mopar babes thread???????[/QUOTE]

Hell ya she does!

Later,
Bruce B.

PS:
Thank you guys for helping Curtis get her ready for me!

-
Back