-
Status
Not open for further replies.

junkyardhero

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
V8, 4spd, disc brakes, tight suspension, fresh paint and new interior. located in SoCal, current tags and title. looking for 9K, but open to trades + cash.

dartlh close.jpg

dartrhclose.jpg

interior_front.jpg

engine_2.jpg

dart_full_side.jpg

didn't feel like cluttering up with a bunch of text and photos, so here's the full details on the dart:

318 .030 over, zero decked, align honed, KB hyperutectic pistons, comp cams 280H bump stick (512/512, *230 @.050, 110* LSA), harland sharp roller rockers, magnum RT heads, MP stainless valves, eddy performer RPM air gap, mighty demon 750 double pumper w/ mechanical 2ndaries, stock electronic ignition, blueprinted and curved distribuitor.

7.5qt custom oil pan w/ diamond sump baffles, trap doors, 5/8" dia pick up, windage tray and crank scraper, melling HV oil pump.

custom headers, 2.5" headpipes to a true dual 2.5" system with magnaflow mufflers.

alum. radiator, alum. late model waterpump, fixed style fan keeps it all cool.

833 4spd, hurst competition shifter and box, fresh gaskets, seals and brass. B&T flange modified to a HD u-joint with a custom driveshaft. weber alum. flywheel, stock bellhousing, sachs clutch, throw out and pressure plate. reinforced Z-bar, fresh nylon washers and clips on the service pieces.

10.78 discs up front, single piston sliding calipers, stainless drop lines. 10X2.5 finned drums out back with sintered iron shoes and 7/8" truck pistons. wilwood proportioning valve, late model 15/16" alum master cyl.

16:1 maunal box, flaming river steering coupler to eliminate the stock rag joint.

8.25 rear, 3.55 sure grip, baffles in axle tubes to prevent oil loss under hard cornering.

.990 t-bars, 1 1/8" front sway bar, 9/16" rear swaybar. poly LCA bushings, moog offset uppers, moog ball joints and tie-rod ends. welded and gusseted K-member, idler arm modified to dual shear style arm. MP 1" arch rear rear springs. KYB's up front, carrera adjustables out back.

interior seats recovered by a local shop, carpet and other pieces from legendary.

not the fastest car on the planet, but really set up nicely and handles like it's on rails. a ton of fun around town when terrorizing the locals. manual steering, manual brakes, manual transmission-- not for the faint of heart.

-JYH

Identical to the one I had in Northern Virginia in the early '80s. Mine was won in a pink slip race against my 70 cuda 318 4-speed (special order factory) The guy blew the original 273 trying to catch me. Thanks for the memories

This one is for real. The craftsmanship is impressive.

JunkYardHero gave my fiance and me a ride at Chrysler Performance West's Fall Fling earlier this month . I'm in the process of doing similar mods to my 65 GT and I wanted my sweetie to get a feel for my end goal for our ride. She was very impressed with the fit and finish, acceleration and precise handling. This car flat out scoots. I am a detail guy and really appreciated all of those little things that have been done on this ride. Plus it is the consummate sleeper with the 2-door post look. If I knew what I know now about how much it really costs to pull something like this together, I would have started with a car like this.

On the evenings/weekends I help out at a Mopar only shop in Torrance CA and get to see first hand how much it energy and $$$$ it takes to do something right. JunkYardHero has invested similar energy and resources into his ride.

The best part of it is that I now have a benchmark for my build and my sweetie can't wait for ours to drive like this one.

Doug

identical in appearance only...

while she's not set up for the old stop light eliminator saturday nite fun fest, when you get on the loud pedal there's some bite to the bark.

i'd say a rematch is in order, but i've got not place to park another car and i'm partial to the 2nd gen cudas... *grin*

-JYH

Identical to the one I had in Northern Virginia in the early '80s. Mine was won in a pink slip race against my 70 cuda 318 4-speed (special order factory) The guy blew the original 273 trying to catch me. Thanks for the memories

thanks for the kind words, doug. it was a pleasure meeting you and yours at the fling this year. nice to talk early dart stuff with somebody that has an appreciation for the time, money and work involved... but also has warped sense of the mechanical...

you know, you could still sell your gold bomber and buy mine. or hell, just buy mine for your old lady and have a matching set!

like i told you the real reason for the sale-- starting another project and need a few gold dubloons to make it happen. just wait till ya see what i've cooked up...
*evil laughter ensues*

-JYH

This one is for real. The craftsmanship is impressive.

JunkYardHero gave my fiance and me a ride at Chrysler Performance West's Fall Fling earlier this month . I'm in the process of doing similar mods to my 65 GT and I wanted my sweetie to get a feel for my end goal for our ride. She was very impressed with the fit and finish, acceleration and precise handling. This car flat out scoots. I am a detail guy and really appreciated all of those little things that have been done on this ride. Plus it is the consummate sleeper with the 2-door post look. If I knew what I know now about how much it really costs to pull something like this together, I would have started with a car like this.

On the evenings/weekends I help out at a Mopar only shop in Torrance CA and get to see first hand how much it energy and $$$$ it takes to do something right. JunkYardHero has invested similar energy and resources into his ride.

The best part of it is that I now have a benchmark for my build and my sweetie can't wait for ours to drive like this one.

Doug

*bump*

c'mon... somebody needs to treat themselves to a nice christmas present!

like i said, open to offers and trades. but really, i need cold hard cash to start my next project.

-JYH

Nice car JYH - Cant believe nobody's picked it up yet. Cant get much for $9K or less these days...anyway, I PM'd you regarding your throttle setup. I'm about to switch to an Air-Gap and either 750 DP or Demon and had a question if you dont mind...like I said, just PM'd you so I dont clog up your post with anymore off topic stuff...

junk yard hero,,,nice dart,,, can i ask,, you state late model 15/16 bore master cylinder,,,what application is that from,,or is it from mopar performance??? thanks,,,kool dart,,,

Nice car JYH - Cant believe nobody's picked it up yet. Cant get much for $9K or less these days...anyway, I PM'd you regarding your throttle setup. I'm about to switch to an Air-Gap and either 750 DP or Demon and had a question if you dont mind...like I said, just PM'd you so I dont clog up your post with anymore off topic stuff...

thanks for the props beatnik. i know it's a tough time of year to roll a car, but jeeze man... reasonable price and not even an offer!

anyway, that throttle setup is a catalog item from jegs. it works like gangbusters, but you can't run both springs on the throttle piece-- it's way too tight.

i'd suggest a cutaway in the plenum divider on the airgap, it'll help clear up the idle and the just off idle properties.

also, skip the demon carb. go with a holley 3310 or 1850, you don't really need a double pumper for the street. but if you really want to go that route, i'll sell you the one i took off my car!

-JYH

junk yard hero,,,nice dart,,, can i ask,, you state late model 15/16 bore master cylinder,,,what application is that from,,or is it from mopar performance??? thanks,,,kool dart,,,

thanks fstfish!

i *think* the 15/16 MC is off of a 80's dodge dakota. it has the same bore, stroke and bias as the MP piece at 1/2 the cost. i was at the parts store and pulled through the catalog till i found what i wanted, but if i remember the app was 88 or so...

hope that helps!

-JYH

thanks for the props beatnik. i know it's a tough time of year to roll a car, but jeeze man... reasonable price and not even an offer!

anyway, that throttle setup is a catalog item from jegs. it works like gangbusters, but you can't run both springs on the throttle piece-- it's way too tight.

i'd suggest a cutaway in the plenum divider on the airgap, it'll help clear up the idle and the just off idle properties.

also, skip the demon carb. go with a holley 3310 or 1850, you don't really need a double pumper for the street. but if you really want to go that route, i'll sell you the one i took off my car!

-JYH

Hey thanks for the tips. Didnt know that about the Air-Gap's. Did you do that to yours I'm assuming? I'm currently running a 650 DP and it's ok. I was thinking about also going with a 670 or 770 Holley Street Avenger actually, undecided yet though between all the choices. You dont like your 750 on your car? I have a Jegs catalog, I'll have to look up that throttle setup. I dont remember seeing it. Sounds like you like it though. My stock cable/bracket set up is needing some help, it works but not like gangbusters...

junkyardhero,, thannks for the info,,,makes it easier to do trial and error buying it cheaper then MP,,, i use the MP in my cuda but price has doubled

thanks agian good luck sellign your dart,,,,,ide keep it if it was mine,,,,just my .02

Hey thanks for the tips. Didnt know that about the Air-Gap's. Did you do that to yours I'm assuming? I'm currently running a 650 DP and it's ok. I was thinking about also going with a 670 or 770 Holley Street Avenger actually, undecided yet though between all the choices. You dont like your 750 on your car? I have a Jegs catalog, I'll have to look up that throttle setup. I dont remember seeing it. Sounds like you like it though. My stock cable/bracket set up is needing some help, it works but not like gangbusters...

yes, i did open up the plenum area. i had a M1 single plane on and then switched to the eddy piece. the M1 was fun, but the car was nearly undriveable on the street in traffic. the eddy was night and day, opening it up made all that much more difference.

the throttle cable is stock, i just added the bracket piece. it has an integral adjuster and spring mounts so it's pretty much self contained. and the mounting is super easy, too. no muss, no fuss, no modification bs-- just bolts right up.

as for the carb, the demon 750 DP isn't the best piece. while i'd like to think what it lacks in driveability it makes up for in the top end performance, but really, that's not the truth. it's okay, but i think i can build a 3310 that will do the job much better. not that the car runs bad now per se, i just think that i can make it run a little *better*, that's all.

personally, if i were in your shoes i'd go for the 670. get the standard finish if you can, i've had a few problems with the chrome finish pieces in the needle and seat assy's and getting the fuel bowls to seal up.

anyway, give a holler if you need help setting it up!

-JYH

junkyardhero,, thannks for the info,,,makes it easier to do trial and error buying it cheaper then MP,,, i use the MP in my cuda but price has doubled

thanks agian good luck sellign your dart,,,,,ide keep it if it was mine,,,,just my .02

my pleasure sir. give a shout if i can be of further assistance.

yeah, wish i could keep the old dart-o-matic, but the siren song of another project calls. and i'm out of driveway space...

-JYH

bumpity, bumpity

now 8500 obo

the snap-on man came by today to collect
my old lady wants a new pair of diamond earrings
the house payment and property tax are due
i need money to buy heating oil and my kids x-mas presents
my fund for hookers and blow is dangerously low

for the love of all that is holy, sombody freekin' buy my car!

-JYH

The only mention of the car's location that I've seen is a reference to the Chrysler West Coast event. So, I suppose it's in California. Or is me supposer out of calibration again. Or did I miss a clearly stated location and now look like a fool? (wouldn't be the first time, nor probably the last....)

64ragtop, the car is located in southern california. North Hollywood, to be exact.

delivery to Austin can be arranged, for a small fee though...

-JYH

The only mention of the car's location that I've seen is a reference to the Chrysler West Coast event. So, I suppose it's in California. Or is me supposer out of calibration again. Or did I miss a clearly stated location and now look like a fool? (wouldn't be the first time, nor probably the last....)

Bob - JYH lives in Hollywood. I even saw him on tv once. C'mon Bob you know you want to buy it! I'll vouch for the insanity and integrity of JYH. The Dart is my kind of car, if I was able I would have already bought it.

Michael (your ex-Austin MMCA pres)
http://mysite.verizon.net/michael_mosley/barracuda.html

Bob - JYH lives in Hollywood. I even saw him on tv once. C'mon Bob you know you want to buy it! I'll vouch for the insanity and integrity of JYH. The Dart is my kind of car, if I was able I would have already bought it.

Michael (your ex-Austin MMCA pres)
http://mysite.verizon.net/michael_mosley/barracuda.html

first of all; allegedly.
second of all; i have no idea what you're talking about.

i may or may not have been on this device you refer to as television. but c'mon, only the arraignment was televised. the trial was dismissed...

as for integrity, i do in fact, have scruples, albeit few.
as far as the insanity goes... well... yeah... i mean, c'mon i build silly mid-sixties mopars. how could i *not* be crazy!?!?

-JYH

JYH graced the set of Overhaulin once...the show wasn't the same after that!

That is seriously a cool Dart....to bad it won't handle my C-body sized family or I'd be digging up the loose change outta my couch.

That new project wouldn't involve my old '69 would it? :p

Robbo; you know that i can't *ever* sell the warhorse without first calling you, your pops or the uncle first...

that being said, the new project doesn't involve the '69 cuda. for better or worse, she's here to stay. for a long time. i mean, unless somebody wants to offer me a ridiculous sum for the beast...

now, as for your C-barge... i know you'll be down here next week... holler back, yo! i'd like to get together with ya and formulate a battle plan... we'll get that bad boy tighten'd up for reals!

-JYH

JYH graced the set of Overhaulin once...the show wasn't the same after that!

That is seriously a cool Dart....to bad it won't handle my C-body sized family or I'd be digging up the loose change outta my couch.

That new project wouldn't involve my old '69 would it? :p

I thought so....Aaron, how you been? I remember him from the old Barracuda Owners Group from 10 yrs. ago!

man... it's been awhile....

oh yeah, the good ol' BOG days. jeeze that takes me back. i still lurk around, but don't post much. sick of the blathering masses and know-it-alls.

also opened my own shop building cars, so that takes up a lot of my time as well.

keep an eye peeled out in your neck of the woods. a gentleman in jersey wound up buying El Dart-o-Matic, so you just might catch it terrorizing the streets out on your coast.

take care of yourself and holler if i can help with anything.

-JYH

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back