1965 Dodge Dart F/S

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't feel like cluttering up with a bunch of text and photos, so here's the full details on the dart:

318 .030 over, zero decked, align honed, KB hyperutectic pistons, comp cams 280H bump stick (512/512, *230 @.050, 110* LSA), harland sharp roller rockers, magnum RT heads, MP stainless valves, eddy performer RPM air gap, mighty demon 750 double pumper w/ mechanical 2ndaries, stock electronic ignition, blueprinted and curved distribuitor.

7.5qt custom oil pan w/ diamond sump baffles, trap doors, 5/8" dia pick up, windage tray and crank scraper, melling HV oil pump.

custom headers, 2.5" headpipes to a true dual 2.5" system with magnaflow mufflers.

alum. radiator, alum. late model waterpump, fixed style fan keeps it all cool.

833 4spd, hurst competition shifter and box, fresh gaskets, seals and brass. B&T flange modified to a HD u-joint with a custom driveshaft. weber alum. flywheel, stock bellhousing, sachs clutch, throw out and pressure plate. reinforced Z-bar, fresh nylon washers and clips on the service pieces.

10.78 discs up front, single piston sliding calipers, stainless drop lines. 10X2.5 finned drums out back with sintered iron shoes and 7/8" truck pistons. wilwood proportioning valve, late model 15/16" alum master cyl.

16:1 maunal box, flaming river steering coupler to eliminate the stock rag joint.

8.25 rear, 3.55 sure grip, baffles in axle tubes to prevent oil loss under hard cornering.

.990 t-bars, 1 1/8" front sway bar, 9/16" rear swaybar. poly LCA bushings, moog offset uppers, moog ball joints and tie-rod ends. welded and gusseted K-member, idler arm modified to dual shear style arm. MP 1" arch rear rear springs. KYB's up front, carrera adjustables out back.

interior seats recovered by a local shop, carpet and other pieces from legendary.

not the fastest car on the planet, but really set up nicely and handles like it's on rails. a ton of fun around town when terrorizing the locals. manual steering, manual brakes, manual transmission-- not for the faint of heart.

-JYH

Wheel and tire size? I saw that ride at Spring Fling, nice car. Had my Charger sold I would of been over your way talkin deal!! Lucky new owner. He has a nice car.

Wheel and tire size? I saw that ride at Spring Fling, nice car. Had my Charger sold I would of been over your way talkin deal!! Lucky new owner. He has a nice car.

205/50/15 Falken Azenis on 15X7 JJ cop wheels. don't let the 205 number mislead you. those bad boys are wider than the 225/60 yoko's i have on my barracuda.

sorry to hear that you didn't roll your charger. seems like the only stuff that changes hands at the fling is big dollar cars, craptastic projects and general BS.

give a holler if you're in the area and ever need a hand with your charger.

-JYH

I beleive they are 205-60-15 Falken RT-615? wrapped around 15X7 Cop Steelies.

close, but no cookie for you!

the closest thing they make now is the RT215, but i think that the rubber compound is a different makeup. the 615 looks interesting but for my money the kumho MX is hard to beat, and comes in a butt-load of sizes.

but those azenis are way bitchin tires. super predictable on the street or track. not so much fun in the rain though.

-JYH

Hey Beatnik,
Did you ever confirm that the M/C with the 15/16 bore is for a Dakota?
Kenabody

dude, sorry for dropping the ball on that one!
i sent all the paperwork with the car, so i can't check back on it. but i'm pretty sure that MC came off a 88 dakota. you can also check the one avail. for a d150, it should be the same-- i would think.

-JYH

205/50/15 Falken Azenis on 15X7 JJ cop wheels. don't let the 205 number mislead you. those bad boys are wider than the 225/60 yoko's i have on my barracuda.

sorry to hear that you didn't roll your charger. seems like the only stuff that changes hands at the fling is big dollar cars, craptastic projects and general BS.

give a holler if you're in the area and ever need a hand with your charger.

-JYH

Already planning the trip down. We'll be leaving Tuesday so I can make an open track run at Willow Springs on Thursday with the Charger to get some pictures. My buddy will be bringing my 64 Dart down as well. Probably won't be running yet but at least I can show it off as a project car. May talk with TTI to see if they would like to display it by the tent since the car has the TTI hedders.

JYH told me at 07 Fall Fling that he built them himself. He mocked up the fender wells around the engine to make sure it fit.

Pretty crazy fabrication!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back