1965 Dodge Dart GT Exterior Color

-

Coryduran

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this..

I just bought a 65 Dodge Dart GT a few days ago. I was told that the paint interior etc was factory. A couple of my friends have faced this claim with skepticism. I was wondering who could tell me how to find out what factory paint options were available for my car, or how to find out what paint my car was made in, etc.

The easiest way is to check in the trunk, under the weatherstripping or behind the roof rail mouldings.

If you want to, send me a picture of the fendertag and I can decode it for you and send you all availible colors in 1965.

Look on autocolorlibrary.com. With a few clicks on your keyboard you can see the 1965 color chips. Re: people's comments you will quickly see many don't know what they're talking about.....

Thanks everyone, that was a ton of help, that should be enough for me to figure it out now.

ok, trim said "p4b" or something like that, and paint said "c01 D" or something along those lines? Anyone have any idea?

Paint Codes are on pg 23-72 of the Factory Service Manual: CC-1 is Light Blue (Chrysler Number AAY1B1).

If you look at the member photo gallery and search on 1965 Dodge Dart & then look for DonPal vehicle photo you will see the front end is freshly painted in this CC-1 color & see that the balance of the car is the original faded color. When doing your search type 1965 Dart after Search by key word; type titles only after search in; type match all words after matching options.

You may find yours is similiarly faded

This might help beyond a paint chip.

DD-1 is Medium Blue Poly which is a much deeper blue...your car appears to be the light blue.

The interior may be also identical to mine....See the member photo gallery, search on 1965 Dart, go to pg 3, for an interior shot of DonPal..look at the sebring seats bottom panels & the door panels & sill...I'll give you paint codes if that color matches yours also.

Yeah CC-1 is probably what it says. It was just hard reading it, I had bad lighting and it's not in great shape, the tag that is. I don't know if I'm going to be keeping it original. It's hard to decide. I'm either going to restore it all and keep it original (except under the hood) or I'm going to change it completely, the jury is still out on that.

Although when I say change it completely, I only mean color. I'll keep the body and interior all in the same style, just color changes :D

-
Back