1965 Dodge PowerWagon

-

DTFTH45

We Are...Penn State!
Reaction score
What are your opinions on these trucks? I know of one for sale for $3,000. Its a w200, 4x4. 318 auto with glasspacks. It runs and drives, all the lights work. Frame is good, but needs some body work, was repainted at some point and is starting to bubble. All this is the information I got from the phone call. Has title but not inspected. Only picture I have:

View attachment P82A0331.jpg

I have a 64 d100. Super easy to work on and relatively cheap if you have all the parts. Mine is kind of a side, side project, but it's cheaper to wirk on than my duster. I ended up with a parts truck also, so I won't have to look for parts it I'm missing a few. The 318 is a poly though, so just keep that in mind since parts aren't really readily available. Floor pans and rockers are available new, but not much else as far as body. I personally love these trucks.

-Forrest

Attachments

• 64 D100.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 422
Total and complete utter badassary. Indefrikkinstructible.

Well in my opinion they are super cool! But the draw backs for us here in PA is the rust. The cowl just above the fenders is usually bad which isn't the real problem it is what is rusted on the inside the firewall that you cannot get to easily. The next is floors and cab mounts. There are very few replacement parts made as of yet but they are coming. Now chances are...that thing will be slow! Like 45-50mph top speed. It will go faster but it is hard on it. And Gas mileage is terrible. Now for the good. They are just neat to tool around in. They will pull a house over if you can get the traction. They are simple to work on. I know I gave you some negative in the beginning but I have 4 different models. I am thinking of parting with one or two of them but I really hate to give them up. I love them! If you have the time and money, go for it.

Attachments

• 0513121311.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 399
  • DSC01067.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 380
  • 007.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 418
Thanks for the responses for far. I am liking it more and more. Hows the price? Not sure what these go for and I posted all I know at this point.

I love them,had a 62 W/200 slant 4 speed,would pull anything...................................Jeff

I would make an offer at about $2000. You can always go up. DTFTH45, Where are you from? If you would need parts or help(if you should get it) let me know. I am near State College

I would make an offer at about $2000. You can always go up. DTFTH45, Where are you from? If you would need parts or help(if you should get it) let me know. I am near State College

I am actually in State College right now! I am a freshman at PSU. My home is Lebanon County (Dutch Country, South Central PA). Truck is around Reading I think.

Here's my little truck that I play around with when I get bored:D.

Attachments

• IMG_3720.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 355
Well I'll be! I used to drive an old 69 from here to Harrisburg when I went to college...ah fond memories from many years ago.

Show him the other one J-miller I know it is bigger than he is going for but it is so cool.

If the cab mounts and tops of the fenders are solid, I'd say it's a decent price.

That's an early '65 you've got. The later '65s got the pie eye grille.

I've got a '65, a '66, and a '69, all Power Wagons. The first two are W300's, the third is a W100.

IMG_2185.jpg

048.jpg

E06C9F80-433D-4368-AFDE-97EB23514663-5228-0000056510549C68.jpg

If the cab mounts and tops of the fenders are solid, I'd say it's a decent price.

That's an early '65 you've got. The later '65s got the pie eye grille.

I've got a '65, a '66, and a '69, all Power Wagons. The first two are W500's, the third is a W100.

IMG_2185.jpg

Yeah I noticed they changed the grill in 65. The grill is growing on me though.

I love the w200 short beds! I want one bad.

Btw, I would plan on using this when I am home to knob around the property and drive too some. If going anywhere too long or speedy I would take the Intrepid. But my sister is going to be getting her permit soon, so thats the trainie for her. Just happened to stumble on this truck. I aint home that often during the semester though, so this would be used on and off throughout the year most likely and then during breaks. Not sure if I want the carb for semi-daily driving when I am home, only have really driven fuel injection to this point as dad's Dart isn't back yet.

I have a 68 D100 long bed. Bought it in Washington state for $1,700 and drove it home. Has an LA 318 and the big NP435 trans. The 8 3/4 has 3.55s but it originally came with 3.91 gears. They are really tough vehicles and cool to drive around, especially out east where you just don't see them anymore. I have people constantly coming up to talk to me when I am at the gas station or some other place. I think the price is not too bad but less is always better.

I absolutely LOVE 'em! There used to be a guy nearby who had a '64 stepside Power Wagon 4-door with a slant 6 and a 4-speed. Bad ***.

Have been thinking that maybe it is not the right time to get into this purchase (college) but then it seems to get sweeter and sweeter. Truck has a Dana 60 (he thinks) with 4.10 gears and "limited slip" which I assume he means sure grip. Truck has been driven semi-regularly, every two weeks or so and is registered as an antique, so it is inspection exempt (I did not know this, dad's Dart is registered as a classic and still needs inspection). Don't know if I want to let this one slip by....haha.

i love these old trucks you will have people looking at it all the time when you drive it! you dont see these around like the common ford/chevy trucks.
here is one (first pic) that i had sold a little while ago it was a w100 but had a newer front axle with disc brakes had the newer married 208 t-case and a mild 360/727 combo 3.55 sure grip rear. sold it for $2800. but not with the wheels on it in the pic.
second pic is of my 62 w200 that i currently own (has 71 cab and front clip) bought it not too long ago for $1000 it has a mild slant 6 in it with ported head, clifford cam, and offy intake with 600 edelbrock carb.

id say offer him the $2000 like posted above $3000 seems a bit steep!!

and if you need sheetmetal patch panels check out this link and he is here in Pennsylvania his name is Kenny he is a good guy!
http://www.exlinecustomauto.com/

Attachments

• big dude 37's.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 329
  • 62 dodge w200.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 290
What this one?
That truck is seriously lame. I'll give you my truck in trade so you actually have a cool truck to drive :toothy10:

What was that model of truck referred to as? They are pretty sweet, hard to find parts for though

Years ago, like about 35, I drove a 63 d-100 slant 6 3sd. The rear end went south so I installed one I had laying around. Dana 60 4.11 SG. That thing would pull the house down! I love these old trucks.

-
Back