1965 Plymouth Barracuda

-

dynodonn

Reaction score
This car has been a California car for most of its life. It is extremely clean, there are no signs of rust or rot anywhere on the body, frame or underbody. The bright red paint with the black Rallye stripes had one repaint about 20 years ago and still shines nicely, but does have a few minor flaws. It has the 273 CI/235HP Commando V-8 engine which retains the Commando air cleaner and finned valve covers, as well as the correct exhaust manifolds. It also has a Torqueflite automatic transmission with floor shifter, an upgraded 8-3/4 Suregrip rear, power steering, drum brakes, and AM radio. The engine pulls strongly in all gears, has excellent oil pressure at all RPM ranges, and generates no smoke or strange noises. It also has had a true dual-exhaust system installed.
The engine's ignition system was changed to an MP electronic unit, and I installed a modern mini-starter. The floor shifter has been changed to a Hurst unit still using the original floor console. A conversion to large bolt pattern wheels was done by the previous owner, and American Racing wheels with modern radial tires were installed. The lights, gauges, etc. are all functional. The only exceptions to this are the gas gauge, which was disconnected when a fuel cell was installed, and the back-up lights which are in place but not connected. I do have the original build sheet for the car, although most of it has been eaten away by time. Sorry but there's no fender tag , it was gone long before I bought the car. I have lowered the price again to $13,000 for the car but I am open to reasonable offers.

Attachments

• WMMC_QUADEN_201436.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 195
This car has been a California car for most of its life. It is extremely clean, there are no signs of rust or rot anywhere on the body, frame or underbody. The bright red paint with the black Rallye stripes had one repaint about 20 years ago and still shines nicely, but does have a few minor flaws. It has the 273 CI/235HP Commando V-8 engine which retains the Commando air cleaner and finned valve covers, as well as the correct exhaust manifolds. It also has a Torqueflite automatic transmission with floor shifter, an upgraded 8-3/4 Suregrip rear, power steering, drum brakes, and AM radio. The engine pulls strongly in all gears, has excellent oil pressure at all RPM ranges, and generates no smoke or strange noises. It also has had a true dual-exhaust system installed.
The engine's ignition system was changed to an MP electronic unit, and I installed a modern mini-starter. The floor shifter has been changed to a Hurst unit still using the original floor console. A conversion to large bolt pattern wheels was done by the previous owner, and American Racing wheels with modern radial tires were installed. The lights, gauges, etc. are all functional. The only exceptions to this are the gas gauge, which was disconnected when a fuel cell was installed, and the back-up lights which are in place but not connected. I do have the original build sheet for the car, although most of it has been eaten away by time. Sorry but there's no fender tag , it was gone long before I bought the car. I have lowered the price again to $13,000 for the car but I am open to reasonable offers.

This would probably be better in the for sale section.

yeah, I thought you were bragging about it! Which you should, its a nice one. Good luck on the sale. Looks like it has all the goodies already done.

-
Back