-
Status
Not open for further replies.

nfleckner

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
hey im new here, but i currently own a 1965 valiant 2 dr post that i put a bunch of work into. put a 273 v8 with 4 speed, bucket seats, 8 3/4 rearend, disc brakes in the front, small bolt pattern front and rear. But after all that, I still want what i was originally searching for which is a WAGON!! : )

never seem to find any. must be a black plate ca car and not restored.

if only that was a valiant. i check surrounding craigslist on a pretty regular basis, haven't seen a 65. they are just so sick, no one wants to get rid of them : )

Tell a non-California person what a "black plate" car means. I see that phrase quite often and always wonder what that means.

Chuck

Tell a non-California person what a "black plate" car means. I see that phrase quite often and always wonder what that means.

Chuck

In california black plates are just the original license plate from back in the day, there are specific years from when the color's changed but all these 60's cars had a black plate with yellow letters.

heres a black plate:
blackplate.jpg

heres a new ca plate(white plates)
whiteplate.jpg

(black plates are just awesome)

And if you see a blackplate that has 7 characters, its a painted blue plate. If you find one at a swap meet and its completly out of the system, you can register it as a vanity plate. Youll get white ones, but you can run your old black ones as the police dont care what color the plate is as long as it matches the registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back