-
Status
Not open for further replies.

valiantwagonguy

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking to buy a good running 1966 B code 225 slant to replace the 1965 A code one in my 1966 Valiant .I'd like to find one in reasonable driving distance from Long Island ,New York you know maybe a 300 mile radius.

Just out of curiosity are you looking for a 66 motor to match the year of the car?

Sounds like a plan!

Edit: no motor but do have a 66 slant 904 that came out of a 66 Dart GT

I might have a 66 "core" engine. I would have to look, but I'm in Florida. Let me know, if you are interested, as I have quite a few to move to check numbers.

I might have a 66 "core" engine. I would have to look, but I'm in Florida. Let me know, if you are interested, as I have quite a few to move to check numbers.
Hello, I have a ‘66 slant six in Indy, the motor ran prior to going into storage,
I also have a ‘65 block and crank if you want to go that route.

I have a 66 225 engine in my 66 Dart that I will be upgrading to a 318 in a few months. Can bring it to PA north of Allentown this spring/summer. How soon are you needing it?
All contingent on me getting the car operational with the 318.

Last edited:
That would work.I'm in no great rush.It will be going into my 66 Valiant Convertible to replace the good running 65 motor that is in it now. The 65 will be going in my friends 65 6 cyl Barracuda to replace the 70's something slant in it. I can't give him the 65 motor until I get a 66 but both cars are operational as they are right now so.

my68barracuda: is the motor a 225 or a 170 cuz 1 of my 65 cudas had a factory 170 /6 motor. if it is a 225, i might be interested in it. how can tell what year the motor is

Hello, I have a ‘66 slant six in Indy, the motor ran prior to going into storage,
I also have a ‘65 block and crank if you want to go that route.

my68barracuda: is the motor a 225 or a 170 cuz 1 of my 65 cudas had a factory 170 /6 motor. if it is a 225, i might be interested in it. how can tell what year the motor is
A 65 slant 6 serial numbers behind the coil on the pad at the head surface will start with the letter A and then either 170 or 225 then the numbers.A 66 will start with the letter B

I have a 67 dart.
If it has an early 66 motor would you be interested?
I'm in NH.
Someone just came up from LI to purchase some things off the car.

here are some numbers i located on 1 of the engine i have on a stand in my garage these are on the end of block near the 6th spark plug/ head meet 9B270471

here are some numbers i located on 1 of the engine i have on a stand in my garage these are on the end of block near the 6th spark plug/ head meet 9B270471
The numbers you want are up front on a pad that sticks out on the deck right behind the coil over number 1 cylinder.

I have a 67 dart.
If it has an early 66 motor would you be interested?
I'm in NH.
Someone just came up from LI to purchase some things off the car.
I'm working out a deal for one right now for a good running 66 motor but if it doesn't happen I'd be interested if it's a 66 - 225

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back