1966 Barracuda 10 1/2 bellhousing conversion Z bar

-

Tim Nelms

Twayne 66 Formula S
Reaction score
I have a 1969 10 1/2 bellhousing in my 1966 Barracuda. I need the proper Z bar and Brewers will not have any for at least a couple of months. Is there another supplier or a Z bar that can be reasonably modified to work?

i used a 67 a body z bar and had to cut the end a little but it worked just fine in the early a bodies. Have used them multiple times on early a 4 speeds. The trick with brewers is to get there adapter that mounts to the bellhousing, that will ensure the z bar is in the correct position.

Thank you. Passion Performance may be out of stock also. How much did you have to remove from the 67 Zbar and which end did you cut? I already have the adapter from Brewers.

Thank you. Passion Performance may be out of stock also. How much did you have to remove from the 67 Zbar and which end did you cut? I already have the adapter from Brewers.

i had to trim a little from the bellhousing side, i cant tell you exactly how much as it seems no 2 are the same cut. But once you get it mocked up while on the car it will be clear how much you may need. It was not very much. the part number on brewers sight is TS238. however that same bar can be found everywhere so i would imagine it would be easier to find than the specific one they sell to adapt our cars.

Thank you. Passion is supposed to check if they have on stashed in their warehouse and let me know. At least I have a good option if they do not have one. You are correct the 67-69 Zbars are available in many places.

-
Back