1966 Barracuda Formula S for sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
66' Formula S, no motor/trans, needs lots of work. All glass but windshield was replaced approx. 4 years ago, needs quarters, driver's side floorpan, front fenders have small pinholes on trailing edge, rear framerails look good, front rails have been cracked/repaired, with the left front having recracked before I got it. Fenderwells were cut (horribly) for headers, factory a/c with manual steering and drum brakes. Roof and parts of the body has some pretty good surface rust, but the 1/4s are the only spot with rust-through, save for the back corners of the trunklid. Stock 14" wheels, have the radiator and stock fan in the trunk. All the trim is there and in good shape, grill and bumpers are ok. Bought it for a project, realized this one is a bit beyond what I can do in the yard. I have a 318 and automatic for it, and a brand new Energy Suspension master kit for the suspension. I have lots of pictures I will try to post. Make offer, I would like to get $1200.00 for it all but price is negotiable. I do have a good clean title. It sits low in the front because the previous owner had started working on the front end, unhooked the torsion bars and lost interest. The bars are still there, just slid back out of the pockets. Thanks.

Can I ask what rear end is under it, Thank you.

It is a drum brake car, I've got the left front wheel off trying to free the drum up. I'll drop the price to $1000.00 including the 318/auto and suspension kit. The interior is complete but needs redone, the console is in good shape, as is the dash and instrument cluster.

WOW^yeah, early a-body with disc brakes...that reservoir extension is a very hard one to find! I can even see the Kelesy hayes pipe proportioning valve.

No, it's a drum brake car. Take a look. See the frame patch right behind the control arm? There is one just like it on the other side. I would love to get this thing on the road, I just don't want it to sit and rot while I hustle up parts to start on it. Not having a garage or shop sucks.

The fluid extension was used to increase the amount of brake fluid needed for the four-piston calipers. The Kelsey hays proportioning valve has an adjustment to increase stopping power to the front disc brakes. just an FYI.

77115585.jpg

I don't see the front sway bar either. I thought all the "S" cars had the front bar and lower arms with the brackets. My guess is it took a front end hit and they changed the whole deal. Either that or the same guy who installed the fenderwell headers changed the stuff to save weight. My 2 cents. Any "S" is a cool piece. Hope someone can pick this up and save it.

I like this forum, everyone seems to know quite a bit about these old cars. I honestly don't know much about them, my cousin had a black '66 v-8 4 speed a long time ago. If I don't sell it, I might brace the bad spots in the frame and build a drag car. Centerville Dragway isn't but a few miles up the road...

I don't see the front sway bar either. I thought all the "S" cars had the front bar and lower arms with the brackets. My guess is it took a front end hit and they changed the whole deal. Either that or the same guy who installed the fenderwell headers changed the stuff to save weight. My 2 cents. Any "S" is a cool piece. Hope someone can pick this up and save it.
I kind of agree with Hyper Pak, I think it was raced before it was parked. The left side has most of the wear and tear as far as interior goes, you gotta lift the driver's door a little to shut it. The passenger side opens/ shuts like a new car. It also had a hole cut out right ahead of the passenger seat in the floor pan, I would assume for tranny linkage. Don't know where the cool custom ball hitch set-up came from.

If you don't sell it and don't need the parts, i would like to have the brake master cylinder and the proportioning valve. Thanks, 66Cuda-S.

I am also interested in parts from this but don't have a place I can store it. As I mention in my P.M., I am interested in parts from it if you decide to part it out. (I call Dibbs on the gauge cluster!)

I've had a lot of interest in parts off this car, I don't want to mislead any body about the condition of the parts in question. I am trying to at least get back somewhere close to what I have in it, approx. $800.00, so I don't get killed in my sleep by my wife. "I told you it was too far gone!!" She wants a GTO. Good console, gauges, dash is decent, lots of good parts left. I'll take pics tonight of everything I can think of. As I've said, all glass but windshield is new, good clean title, haven't found a build sheet but I have the certicard somewhere. If I can sell enough stuff to (almost) cover my cost on it then game on.

Looking at the pics you have added someone took and swapped the whole K member complete and that is why the disc brakes and sway bar are missing. The upper a-arms have loose adjuster bolts, the brake hose is not in the mount and the torsion bars are pulled back. The drum brakes are 9 inch also instead of the 10 inch that were standard with a V8. What rear axle is in it? Do you have a pic of it so we can help you know more.

That car looks too decent to part out, also pretty complete. It would make a good project.

A telltale on the sway bar is whether it has the tabs on the lower control arms. Then you would know better if the front end was swapped out.

i'd bet the steering box is quick ratio...last 2 "66" s cars i parted out with disc brakes had 20:1 steering boxes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back