1966 Barracuda with 340, Will Supercharger Fit

-

64wagon

Reaction score
Heh guys anybody ever rammed a supercharger on a 340 under the hood with no holes ona 66 fish. I have had this thought in my head for a while.

Thanx
Rob

Here's a picture of a '72 Valiant with a flat hood and a Vortech supercharger.... a '66 fish would fit very similar, I think. Ten pounds of boost; 445 rear wheel hp.... 360 Magnum...

100_3266.jpg

heres my 66 with a roots style super charger and a low profile intake, sorrry no way with out cutting the hoood 340

Here's a picture of a '72 Valiant with a flat hood and a Vortech supercharger.... a '66 fish would fit very similar, I think. Ten pounds of boost; 445 rear wheel hp.... 360 Magnum...

What all have you got in your engine? I keep thinking about a blower down the road on my 318 but I'm still up in the air for what I want to do in the long run. I was thinking heads, intake, and cam now and then a stroker kit and blower later. Is anything in your engine still stock? If so I might look harder into getting a junkyard 360 to start with, those numbers sound pretty fun =P.

What all have you got in your engine? I keep thinking about a blower down the road on my 318 but I'm still up in the air for what I want to do in the long run. I was thinking heads, intake, and cam now and then a stroker kit and blower later. Is anything in your engine still stock? If so I might look harder into getting a junkyard 360 to start with, those numbers sound pretty fun =P.

Sorry for the delay....

My engine is very close to a bone-stock 360 Magnum. The only mods are, some valve-bowl porting (very minimal), a 3-angle valve job and a Hughesengines cam that it really mild. It has 214/218 duration @ .050" lift, 114 degree lobe separation, and .525: total lift, using stock ratio 1.6:1 Crane roller rockers and heavy-duty pushrods. The entire rotating assembly is absolutely, 100-percent stock... with stock .040" composition head gaskets. The carb is a blow-thru modified 750 Hollley double pumper from THE CARB SHOP in Ontario, CA ($900.00 3 years ago.)

Ignition is an MSD BoostMaster analog unit, with a cockpit retard selector, and I have added a Snowperformance BoostCooler meth injection unit in lieu of an intercooler.

The intake manifold is a Chinese "Air Gap" style, and the headers are TTI.

Hope this helps. I run 10 pounds of boost, with a 6,000 rpm redline.

-
Back