1966 Canadian Valiant

-

66Vali

Reaction score
So here is my baby..Picked her up for 900 dollars...The issues are as follows...rear passenger floor pan is shot, passenger rear fender is on the fritz, other then that it's in solid shape.

This is my first attempt at really working on a car....hopefully I can get it right for what I invision in my head!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0487.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0523N.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0681N.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 207
Those Canadian Darts are not so usual. Nice catch. Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

Here are some interior shots I took after I got the carpet all tore out and somewhat cleaned out... Any suggestions on if I should just patch it up or buy a new floor pan??? How does the rest of it look...it's not soft, so I'm not really sure...again I am completely new to this and any info would be great!!!

I still need to get the one bench seat bracket off (I'm in a single car garage and don't have much room on the other side)

Thanks guys!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0979N.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0978N.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0977N.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 168
I would try to get a rustfree floor section here on FABO. Then you can get it back in style on one weekend I would guess. Just take it care above the fuel line!

I would try to get a rustfree floor section here on FABO. Then you can get it back in style on one weekend I would guess. Just take it care above the fuel line!

X2 on the fuel line!!!!!! when my father and I replaced the floors in my 66 dart he got a little over zealous with the angle grinder and juuuuust nicked the fuel line. I about shat my drawers and he did too when i pointed it out.

Welcome and nice ride. I would just shop around i would replace that section patch pan not the whole thing. What are your plans for the engine area.

X2 on the fuel line!!!!!! when my father and I replaced the floors in my 66 dart he got a little over zealous with the angle grinder and juuuuust nicked the fuel line. I about shat my drawers and he did too when i pointed it out.

Yeow!! Ha Ha Ha!!! Great story to tell at holiday gatherings for all time.

I'm not to sure yet, I want to get the body and interior stuff done first and then move on with the engine from there...the /6 runs good, but needs a tune up and maybe a seal on the oil pan as it leaks when the car is running....

I am just waiting on a shippment of the rear pan from a fellow on here....

-
Back