1966 dart gt 273 swaping to a 360

-

dickyeb

Reaction score
hi i need help going from a 273 2 bbl to a 360 4bbl. does any one know what kind of oil pan i need to use. the 273 had a front facing pan. some people telling me to use a 360 center sump pan. is this correct? also is there a way not to spent 150 bucks on new engine mounts and brackets. is there something that will work and hold. thanks for any help also any one has any pics of this swap!!!!

Need more info on your car,does it have p.steering or manual.What type of exhaust(manifolds or headers?)the 273 manifolds will restrict the 360 and thats if they will bolt up?Can you tell us what year 360.Good luck.

Use the 273 mounts. Just shim 'em up with the appropriate size washer(s) where the mount to the block ears.

well the 360 is out of a 80's somthing van going to use a 727 trans.going to install kb pistion thity over. nice lopy cam and a four bbl. it also has a manual rack and all drum brakes . though about using the stock manifold from 273 . save some money.

You need a 360 center sump pan and oil pump pick up, Summit & Mopar sell it or a used pan from a passanger car 360.
I use the original 66 motor mounts; driver side just needs washers to get the right spacing; passanger side should have a triganular peice welded to it to get a 3rd block bolt into the mount. If you want a diagram send me a PM with your e-mail & I'll scan it.
If you use the 66 exhaust manifolds, check the fit of the driver side manifold to your 360 head - the rear exhaust port face might hit the 66 manifold where it curves inward.
I use a 66 water pump to get the lower hose on the same side as the 66 radiator.
A 360 66 A Body is a blast.

Do they make any exhaust manifolds for this swap. Or what is the fix

If there are holes is in the exhaust ports for air injection, tap & plug them. If the driver exhaust manifold hits the rear port face, grind the head to clear.

will this oil pan work
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/1971-80-Chrysler-Mopar-Small-Oil/dp/B003AO25SS"]Amazon.com: 1971-80 Chrysler/Mopar Small Block 360 Oil Pan - Chrome: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41-7YGl6HDL.@@AMEPARAM@@41-7YGl6HDL[/ame]

If there are holes is in the exhaust ports for air injection, tap & plug them. If the driver exhaust manifold hits the rear port face, grind the head to clear.

Grind the head and grind the manifold. Trust me dont take it all from the head or you will have coolant squirting from the head. I did it and thats not a nice thing to see.

That 727 will be a tight fit in the trans tunnel, and may require some bashing flat of the body seam in the tunnel, and even after that it will be a tight squeeze. If you 904 is okay, bolt it up to the 360.

-
Back