1966 Dart or 68 cuda fastback

-

davejc6

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have not posted here in a long time.
Just looking for opinions.

I have a 68 cuda fastback but it has a little more work to be done that I dont have time for or $.With the Dart I can spend less $ to make what I like.

There is a 66 dart someone wants to trade. Pretty nice car.

What is the opinion here. Darts or Cudas?

Just wondering if I should hold on to the Cuda until I have more $ to spend.

Hard to say without seeing them but think I would hold out for the Barracuda.

you will regret getting rid of the cuda for the dart in my opinion. You have done alot of work on it already and it is a really cool car and when you are done, just imagine the sweet taste of victory. JMHO

I like and have had them both, but the 68 Barracuda fastback is one of the prettiest cars ever to come out of Detroit.
It is much easier to work with also, as it will have dual m/c, bigger and wider engine compartment, possibly 8 3/4, better k-frame, the list is long.

Agree with everyone.. 68's are the best of the Barracudas, and Barracudas are the best of the A's.

Of course, this is purely subjective.

Grant

I love my early A but it's a hard car to get some parts for because there is very limited aftermarket (without this site I would be dead in the water). Stay with the Cuda, more aftermarket.

1966 Anything from Chrysler is UGLY, stick with the Fastback or you will be sorry later

personal opinion there, my father has one and there quite nice, just different enough from 65 but alot of parts interchange although the 68 barracuda would have a better resale

Its personal choice i like the darts i think the notchbacks are way better looking than the fastback cuda jmho

"i think the notchbacks are way better looking than the fastback cuda". You're just kidding, right? Trying to stir the pot I think... jmho

DUDE,not trying to stir any pot everyone has thier preference i don't like the 2nd generation cuda fastbacks a 66 dart is way better looking than the fastback cuda thats my preference............superdart340

I also prefer the notchback cuda's I don't know there just something about them, maybe how they appear to have the long wheelbase look without the large back window that makes them look different from most

-
Back