-
Status
Not open for further replies.

larryj

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Please see my ad currently running on Ebay until Jul-20-09 14:41:04 PDT .

1966 Dodge Dart 270 convertible for sale. Engine is a 318 V-8 with a 4-barrel Carter carburetor, high performance camshaft, double roller timing chain, dual exhaust, Mopar Performance valve covers and air cleaner, A-833 4-speed transmission. Exterior and interior are in nice shape. Minor restoration work needed to interior such as trim repainting and speedometer rebuild and steering wheel is in need of replacement.
Very nice and clean ride! Gets a lot of looks and gets driven, but is not a daily driver and has been garaged for the past 10 years while I was overseas. I just drove it from coast to coast. More pictures on Ebay. Moving soon and would like to sell before I go back overseas in Aug/Sep.

Larry

1.jpg

2.jpg

top.jpg

top2.jpg

interior.jpg

dart interior.jpg

318.jpg

trunk.jpg

dart rear.jpg

dart pass inside.jpg

Damn, I'd love to buy that. That's about the color I was going to paint mine with the white interior. Sure would save me alot of work. Nice looking car. Do you have an asking price or are you waiting on ebay??

Nice car, but how about giving us a price instead of making us search E-Bay?

As of right now the bidding on eBay is at $5100. I have a reserve price set for $7495 and the ad runs until Jul-20-09 14:41:04 PDT.
It's a solid car and it would be very difficult to take less than around 7500.
I've owned it since '94, garaged it for a decade while I was overseas, and now
have to go back overseas and lost garage space. It'll be a sad day when she
goes.

Car is for sale for $7450.

I've had a couple of questions about mileage and the top. I replaced the speedo/odometer gauge assembly in '97. The mileage read around 60k then (I still have the original cluster, and a few spares). I've never rolled over the odometer but have no idea if the previous owner rolled it or not. Since I replaced it, the car was garaged for a decade and then made a trip down the west coast and then to the east coast, and that is about it. Mileage has been low.
The top is a fully functional power electric top. It was replaced in '96 and is in very good shape, no leaks or holes and back window looks great.
The '66 273 that I pulled is still in my dad's garage in Washington state and can go with the car.
I bought the car in '94 and the then-owner said that he took the entire drivetrain from a '66 Dart and installed it (8 1/4 rear). I pulled the tired 273 in '98 and installed a '76 318 (rebuilt the top end), and the 4-spd w/ Hurst shifter from a '65 Dart. Engine runs great! Original drum brakes are solid; however, I have a new conversion kit in the box that I haven't installed. Metal is in good shape; solid floorboards and trunk. Rear quarter was replaced a few years ago.

Probably a stupid question, but is the car still available?
Pat

Hi, I still have the car and have been thinking about possibly readvertising it, but I just put several thousand into it in upgrades (American Racing wheels, 8.75 Sure Grip rear end, Wilwood disk brakes, front bumper re-chromed, new Edelbrock carb, electronic fuel pump, new bushings in the front, etc), so I'm sure on a price yet. I love the car but am always going overseas and losing storage, and storage around DC is expensive.

Attachments

• 2013-01-19 12.14.43.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 1,402
depending on where overseas you are going, seriously consider taking it with you.
American classics are getting good $ in UK & some parts of Europe

depending on where overseas you are going, seriously consider taking it with you.
American classics are getting good $ in UK & some parts of Europe

I suggest you take the car to the Rappahannock Mopar Club show in March at Safford Dodge near Culpeper. Put a for sale sign on it and this beauty will probably be sold that day. Wish I had some $$ to add this to my 65 Dart GT /6.

Thanks guys, all great ideas, especially the point of quit dumping money into it if I really want to sell it :thumbup: Maybe somehow I am always looking for an excuse not to sell it... It is a great car. I shipped it over to Europe with me on my first tour in '95. As wlecat says, I could've gotten top dollar over there, but just couldn't part with it then. Somewhat regretting that decision, because the cost of storage for 3+ years is about half the value of the car... Anyway, no worries! Enjoy it while I can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back