1966 dual master cylinder

-
you may be ok than.. i could have sworn my 64's had the rod bolted in.. maybe they changed it by 66.

That's one thing I have noticed about the 66 model, they are different in a few way then the 65 model, Like the center link, I have a slant six car but it came with a V8 center link in 66. I will go see if I can get one in my hands and do a caparison
Thank you and every one for your time, I did not see a price on the adapter plate you found, but I do know the off set one was $70. :wack: That's allot of cash I thought.

think the adapter goes for $35-$40 at RMS. don't see it by itself on the site but i know he sells them..

think the adapter goes for $35-$40 at RMS. don't see it by itself on the site but i know he sells them..
Thank you Joe, This info should get me some where, if the plate is $35-40 and my rode will work like 66340SEADAN's did it could be worth the extra cash, but I am going to see if I can get a 67-74 drum MC in my hands and see if my push rod will work
Yall have been a great help today :cheers: as always your Arkansas friend on the hill.

I used the adapter that allows the two bolt to a four bolt application, the master I used is the 85 dippy style, it has been on my car for going on ten years without a hitch.....I think if I remember I used the pushrod from the single bowl master...

[/QUOTE]

Did you have to add an adapter plate and use a different push rod ??[/QUOTE]

A member here has a new master cylinder I believe he picked up for his 67 Barracuda he added disc brakes to and NAPA said it would work, BUT they sold him the wrong one and the one he has is for drum brakes. he has the correct master cylinder on his Barracuda now and the master cylinder that would not work he has and has offered to send it to me for My 66 Valiant so I can have a dual pod brake master cylinder =D>
He said it will work for my drum brakes and he said he thinks it's a large bore.
Large bore/small bore :dontknow: Does this mean all I will need to do is adapt to a small brake line with a reducer :idea1: He is giving it to me so I don't want him to waist his time and money sending it to me. I believe it is this one and my push rod on my single MC will work for me :glasses7:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARDONE-13-...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr and this is the new one I put on about 2 years ago, http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARDONE-10-...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Large Bore :scratch: Small Bore has me confused , Thank you for any help on this again =D> Yall have been great :notworth:

Large bore MC will require less braking effort from the driver.
FYI, the difference between drum and disc brake MC's is the residual pressure valves. The valves were 10 psi for drums and 2 psi for discs. The older style wheel cylinders for drums required this in order to keep them in position for use. A long time ago they began to put springs into the wheel cylinders, so the residual pressure valves became superfluous. If you have the original wheel cylinders in the car the valves are necessary. The proportioning valves were to keep the rear drums from locking up before the front discs. In a non-hybrid system they are not necessary. There is also a metering valve or hold-off valve on some hybrid (drum/disc) systems to keep the front discs from deploying until enough pressure builds up to engage the rear drums- a good idea for getting all four wheels to contribute to braking.

Large bore MC will require less braking effort from the driver.
FYI, the difference between drum and disc brake MC's is the residual pressure valves. The valves were 10 psi for drums and 2 psi for discs. The older style wheel cylinders for drums required this in order to keep them in position for use. A long time ago they began to put springs into the wheel cylinders, so the residual pressure valves became superfluous. If you have the original wheel cylinders in the car the valves are necessary. The proportioning valves were to keep the rear drums from locking up before the front discs. In a non-hybrid system they are not necessary. There is also a metering valve or hold-off valve on some hybrid (drum/disc) systems to keep the front discs from deploying until enough pressure builds up to engage the rear drums- a good idea for getting all four wheels to contribute to braking.
Thank you ElFin, That is what he said about the 10 lb in the pm he sent me.
Sounds like it will work just fine :cheers: Thank you soooooo much =D> so it sounds like the large bore will be a plus. Thank you :cheers:

-
Back