1966 Plymouth Valiant 100

-

Tmblewd

Reaction score
It's time to start the restoration of my Mom's first car. 1966 Plymouth Valiant 100 with full factory drag options. :cheers:

Attachments

• Valiant 1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 946
  • Valiant 10.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 780
  • Valiant 9.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 813
  • Valiant 8.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 712
  • Valiant 7.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 708
  • Valiant 6.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 738
  • Valiant 5.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 693
  • Valiant 4.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,003
  • Valiant 3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 722
  • Valiant 2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 819
Cool car, is it a factory Commando car?

BTW, welcome to FABO, great to have another 66 here!

Cool car...What are the factory drag options ?
Looks like it has heater delete ?

Cool car...What are the factory drag options ?
Looks like it has heater delete ?

I think he meant that the car is light and low options with a V8 4-speed, never heard of factory "drag" options on a 66 Valiant before...but who knows. Also noticed it has the commando resonator hanging under the rear yet...cool.

Car looks like it has 14" rims, could have discs too, what rear does it have?

Very cool. It seems your local too, pm me if you need any help on your journey!

I think he meant that the car is light and low options with a V8 4-speed, never heard of factory "drag" options on a 66 Valiant before...but who knows. Also noticed it has the commando resonator hanging under the rear yet...cool.

Car looks like it has 14" rims, could have discs too, what rear does it have?

What ever it is, its cool as heck. I wouldnt be changing to much on this Sleeper Special !

That dash is great. Looks like you added 63 Dart/Valiant heater controls to preserve it when you got some heat installed.

Lovin them post cars, especially one that nice!
good luck man, beautiful car.

good eye JohnnyDart

My understanding on the car from my Dad was this:

My parents bought it from a guy in Kingman AZ in Oct 66, 2 weeks after I was born. The guy who had the car originally, had custom ordered it from a dealership in California. When it showed up, he was told that it was illegal for street use in California and had to get rid of the car. He towed it to Kingman AZ where my parents ran into the guy. They bought it from the California Dealership/Unknown Guy through Beaudry Chrysler in Tucson AZ. The car has the 273 V8, Isky Cam, Carter 4 barrel, close ratio 4 speed and 4.11 rear end. It did not come with a heater. That was put in by the dealership in Kingman. The radio was installed in 1988 or so. But, I do have the original radio blank off plate.

I also have the original bill of sale for the car. It was ONE page. They paid $2,792.00 for the car and traded in a 1959 Chrysler Imperial as the down payment.

very cool car and story.....what purpose did a guy order a car equipped like this for? I like it!

Michael

The Plymouth on a set of rollers, Then on it's first trip out of Tucson AZ since 1989 and in it's new home in Phoenix AZ

Attachments

• Valiant 13.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 560
  • Valiant 12.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 560
  • Valiant 11.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 577
What my Plymouth used to look like back in 1988 before it sat in my parents backyard and wasn't driven or moved

Attachments

• img114.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 563
Have to say this is a great light weight heavy hitter right here folks :cheers:

memkie likie :glasses7: :burnout:

-
Back