1966 PLYMOUTH VALIANT questions

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need to know if on the 1966 Valiants whether it be a 100,200 Signet, 4 door or a 2 door if the rear glass is the same on these cars. I just bought another 66 Valiant parts car. It is a 100 and a 2 door. The rear glass was broken out by a kid throwing a brick through it and it was removed but I have the weatherstrip for it. I was thinking since I am close to SoftSeal, I was going to call them and see if I take the rubber to them if they can make some using this one as a pattern. They have done this in the past. I know that a lot of you guys have said that no one has these. It may do some good but I want to know if these cars have the same back glass.

Yes rear is the same. Please update us. Steel wants $60k to make the tooling. I have a nice Signet seal for a pattern I would donate to the cause as well. Note they need to make the locking strip too as it is an oddball size.

I thought they got screwed in on the light weights.

1163993780lg.jpg

Last edited:
I need to know if on the 1966 Valiants whether it be a 100,200 Signet, 4 door or a 2 door if the rear glass is the same on these cars. I just bought another 66 Valiant parts car. It is a 100 and a 2 door. The rear glass was broken out by a kid throwing a brick through it and it was removed but I have the weatherstrip for it. I was thinking since I am close to SoftSeal, I was going to call them and see if I take the rubber to them if they can make some using this one as a pattern. They have done this in the past. I know that a lot of you guys have said that no one has these. It may do some good but I want to know if these cars have the same back glass.
Yes, they all use the same back glass and seal.

All 1966 Valiants have the same rear glass.
It is different from ‘65 and of course ‘67.

Keep us advised please. If SoftSeal can make a new seal, I'd be good for one.

But now it has to be removed to add the chrome trim which has to be in place to run North East Gasser class. Probably just go with that Pep Boy's stick on roll you cut yourself. The stuff "Bad Chad"uses
What? You have to have trim to run? That's insane!

What? You have to have trim to run? That's insane!
Yeah there are some rules that they want members to follow. Like period correct wheels. No 67 Darts or Barracudas. But 67 Nova's and Farelanes are allowed. One good rule is no Camaros at all. 4 spds only and no face plated upgrades. Except for 18 spline slick shift from the past.

The basics they want is to have the cars look like what were in the past. They follow the same tour as the nostalgia Funny cars and dragsters. My son wants to do it for heads up racing fun.

Where the meets are like weekend picnics. We ran the open class at the ATV flat track nationals for years. Always the same people from all over the country. That was the most fun I ever had racing. It was like a family gathering 4 days every two weeks for 9 weeks.

We then got into 600 sprint cars where there were barely friends at any tracks. The weekly cost was extreme and the purse wouldn't even cover the tires . Also you usually brought most of the clay home with you.

The Gasser class looks like fun. Here are the rules

ECG Rules — East Coast Gassers

Yeah there are some rules that they want members to follow. Like period correct wheels. No 67 Darts or Barracudas. But 67 Nova's and Farelanes are allowed. One good rule is no Camaros at all. 4 spds only and no face plated upgrades. Except for 18 spline slick shift from the past.

The basics they want is to have the cars look like what were in the past. They follow the same tour as the nostalgia Funny cars and dragsters. My son wants to do it for heads up racing fun.

Where the meets are like weekend picnics. We ran the open class at the ATV flat track nationals for years. Always the same people from all over the country. That was the most fun I ever had racing. It was like a family gathering 4 days every two weeks for 9 weeks.

We then got into 600 sprint cars where there were barely friends at any tracks. The weekly cost was extreme and the purse wouldn't even cover the tires . Also you usually brought most of the clay home with you.

The Gasser class looks like fun. Here are the rules

ECG Rules — East Coast Gassers
That actually sounds fun! So....what if the car didn't come with chrome trim? do you have to add it?

That actually sounds fun! So....what if the car didn't come with chrome trim? do you have to add it?
I don't think so. But my son talked to someone from East coast gassers and they don't think the wheels he wants to use are legal.

Wheels, period correct ONLY.

• NO Center Lines
  • NO Pro Stars
  • NO Super Tricks or any other billet wheel that is circa 1967 or newer
  • NO Weld Wheels
Approved Wheels (which must be 1966 and older)

• American Rebel
  • Keystone
  • Aluminum slots
  • Rocket Racing Launcher
  • Cragar SS
  • Steelies
  • Chrome Reverse
  • Team III Wheels
  • ET’s
  • Torque Thrust D
  • Halibrands
  • Torque Thrust Originals
Body / Exterior Appearance • Every car must have the car number and class designation on both sides of the car and on the rear on either the glass or the body. • Closed full body styled production cars 1967 or earlier. No open or altered body styles. All cars must have a top/roof. • Parachute's are legal but must be mounted in an old school way. No extended mounts, must be mounted to the body no more than 2' off the body. • Chop tops must be approved. Only exceptions MAY be a real old car and depends on model. Any car or truck with a severely laidback windshield post will NOT be allowed. • No website (.com) lettered on the car. This could be open for discussion if major sponsorship • No big letters on the front or rear window. Not even a sponsor. (Doesn't apply to number or class) • Fiberglass fenders, doors, hood, and deck lids are allowed just as they were in the 1960's. Race weight panels are allowed. • Trucks must be full bodied / cab, bed, hood and fenders 1966 or earlier. • Mustang must be 1966 model and earlier. • No Camaros – Any model year. • No V8 Corvairs • No Opels • No Cougars • The rear quarter panels, door jambs, windshield frame and taillight panel of any Corvette must be original GM, or an identical stock replacement. 1963-67 coupes must have a factory roof. • The only aftermarket fiberglass bodies allowed will be the 33-41 Willys, including trucks • Body panels must have stock appearance. • No bolted or riveted in windows. Must have the factory look. (If bolted or riveted in they must have the factory type rubber or chrome glued on to hide the bolts.) • The window opening must be the stock size. Do not cut down or add to make room for mounting windows. • No narrowed or pro street type rear ends. Rear end housing can be narrowed to fit the body but the tire cannot be inside of the quarter panel. The widest bulge of the tire must be even (or wider) than the widest part of the quarter panel.

Last edited:
I don't think so. But my son talked to someone from East coast gassers and they don't think the wheels he wants to use are legal.

Wheels, period correct ONLY.

• NO Center Lines
  • NO Pro Stars
  • NO Super Tricks or any other billet wheel that is circa 1967 or newer
  • NO Weld Wheels
Approved Wheels (which must be 1966 and older)

• American Rebel
  • Keystone
  • Aluminum slots
  • Rocket Racing Launcher
  • Cragar SS
  • Steelies
  • Chrome Reverse
  • Team III Wheels
  • ET’s
  • Torque Thrust D
  • Halibrands
  • Torque Thrust Originals
Body / Exterior Appearance • Every car must have the car number and class designation on both sides of the car and on the rear on either the glass or the body. • Closed full body styled production cars 1967 or earlier. No open or altered body styles. All cars must have a top/roof. • Parachute's are legal but must be mounted in an old school way. No extended mounts, must be mounted to the body no more than 2' off the body. • Chop tops must be approved. Only exceptions MAY be a real old car and depends on model. Any car or truck with a severely laidback windshield post will NOT be allowed. • No website (.com) lettered on the car. This could be open for discussion if major sponsorship • No big letters on the front or rear window. Not even a sponsor. (Doesn't apply to number or class) • Fiberglass fenders, doors, hood, and deck lids are allowed just as they were in the 1960's. Race weight panels are allowed. • Trucks must be full bodied / cab, bed, hood and fenders 1966 or earlier. • Mustang must be 1966 model and earlier. • No Camaros – Any model year. • No V8 Corvairs • No Opels • No Cougars • The rear quarter panels, door jambs, windshield frame and taillight panel of any Corvette must be original GM, or an identical stock replacement. 1963-67 coupes must have a factory roof. • The only aftermarket fiberglass bodies allowed will be the 33-41 Willys, including trucks • Body panels must have stock appearance. • No bolted or riveted in windows. Must have the factory look. (If bolted or riveted in they must have the factory type rubber or chrome glued on to hide the bolts.) • The window opening must be the stock size. Do not cut down or add to make room for mounting windows. • No narrowed or pro street type rear ends. Rear end housing can be narrowed to fit the body but the tire cannot be inside of the quarter panel. The widest bulge of the tire must be even (or wider) than the widest part of the quarter panel.
That sounds like a very cool class. Yall are doin a fine job on that little car. Please keep updating.

-
Back