Not open for further replies.

Valiantjim

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I found this V100 five years ago in Kingman AZ after searching a long time. They are very difficult to find with original solid floors as 66 V100s all had the rubber floor over jute that rots the pans out from the inside. The floor pan does have some surface rust but is not punky or perforated. The rest of the car is AZ clean as expected in the southwest desert. It had been sitting in a shed for over 20 yrs at the time so is obviously basis for a project. I did drive it onto the trailer with the later looking S6. It's a basic three on the tree and a radio delete with dash cover and no hole in the fender. The driver's door is slightly oil-canned and the trunk lid dented. Rust free and straight replacements are included. Seats are missing.

The picture is from when I got it home to Colorado just before it went into covered storage. It shows a layer of dust from the last section of dirt road before arrival. I will add more photos as I uncover it. I have many additional parts that can be discussed if interested. I'm selling because I'm approaching 70 and no longer want to wait for the work of building a car before I can drive it. As a longtime fan of the 66 I always watch the market and just picked up another AZ car that is on the road.

I'm looking for as close to $3000 as I can get.

IMG_0398.jpg

Some of my more valuable parts have sold quickly, locally and via FABO. I'm motivated to find a new home for the Valiant so I can move on. It's got to be pointed out that this is an extraordinarily well preserved southwest desert car in a way that many may not comprehend. My personal experience growing up in New England and beginning to own early Plymouth A-bodies brought me in the mid-70s to be excited if I opened the trunk of a 60s Valiant or Barracuda and didn't see the ground. Here we are 50 yrs later. As noted the 66 V100 is particularly difficult to find without rot. The rubber covered jute flooring saw to that as even the slightest moisture getting into the jute meant no floors in no time. Another I purchased around the time I found this one was in Pahrump NV, west of Vegas and a native car. It was immaculate in all respects until looking under the replacement carpet to find no floors, Fred Flintstone. One year only 66, clean and smooth design, stiff 2dr post structure and easily under 2800# in V8 street trim. Compare that to a 4500# Mercedes Challenger. I have a substantial parts collection including NOS grills and such that I'm willing to discuss depending on a buyer's needs.

I am working to uncover and clean the car for more pictures, I expect that will best show what I'm talking about. Let's talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back