[FOR SALE] 1967 318 LA Engine

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. I'm just curious on how I would even build a crate. I think I could have access to pallets. But, at any rate it is a nice engine. I sold my car it was going into and would like it gone. Also, note I also have the 2bbl intake and carburetor to go along with it.

Allpar has some very good info.
"The new, LA type 318 was brought out in 1967; the main difference from the 273 was its larger 3.91” bore. There could be some confusion over the two 318 V8 engines, one using the old A type design, the other using the lightweight LA type. According to Mark Koskenmaki, all 1967 A-type 318s came from Canada, while vehicles built in the US had the new LA 318. The A-engines did not last past 1967."

I have read the first '67's LA318's had a better cam grind, different cc head and a floating wrist pin on the rod/piston. Still looking to confirm this info.
Any collaboration? Seems odd but it wouldn't surprise me.

You don't have to go through a major ordeal. Get a good "sturdy" pallet. Put an old tire with a heavy styrofoam block (something that gives somewhat to protect the oil pan)in the center of the tire in the center of the pallet. Lay the motor on it's side (carefully) in the center of the tire / foam. Wrap some heavy cloth type material in the areas in which you are going to strap it down around. Use some banding staps to cinch the motor down so it stays put. Cinch down carefully to avoid not damaging anything.Then, wrap the entire motor with shrink wrap real well. It won't go anywhere. I have done this many times. Though I have done it at my Place of work. Short of building a cradle for the motor, this has done the trick for me before. I can't say all trucking companies are as careful as some of the others. But, for the most part you should be ok. DON'T forget to drain all fluids first. Someone else may have a better idea. Just an idea for ya.

man...a month too late. I just made a trip from FL to Indy and back, with an enclosed trailer. There seems to be some interest not too far off my route. I could have hauled it to somebody for next to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back