1967-68-69 Darts. Just curious..

-

440magnum

Reaction score
I'm just wondering why people have certain preferences for 1967-68-69 Darts. After all they are essentially the same car with certain cosmetic differences. I have a few friends who prefer the 69's. One likes the grille the other the overall style. Personally I like them all and don't have a preference.Your thoughts.

i think its because they are popular ....i have a lot of 68 and 9 stuff because it was easy to find.....they made a Gazillion darts in 68 and 9 but even though i have a few in those years my favorite is actually 70-2 darts which are harder to come by than the 68 and 9

Give me a 1968 or 69.
I don't care for the grille & tail lamps on the 1967 Dart.

It all comes down to personal appeal. I might be chasing down more '70~'72 Darts if I never laid eyes on a '67~'69.

67's--I'm no huge fan of their grilles at all or the taillights being all flat and red. I guess the best thing I can say about them is that the interiors still rock and no side markers is actually a PLUS!

68's--These totally rule, but that "underbite" dash pad is a tad weird, although great for collecting change, pencils or holding your Ipod. The grille rules with those round turn signals and the taillights are the best, but really just slightly better than the '69's. One-year-only round side markers are classic!

69's--I find these the most polished and refined of all 3, as far as the grille, GTS/swinger hood inserts and tail stripe......it's like they appeal to a more mainstream crowd, which is why I probably like the '68's the best. Still hold a little bit more weirdness.......

I love the 1968s because of the grille,marker lights,and tail lights. but most of all-THE LEGENDARY HEMI!. I like the 69-there ok,but don't care for the grille. The 67s in my opinion I do not like. I do not like the grille and tail lights or that it doesn't have marker lights, Over all, I like the 2nd generation darts- but 1968 is my favorite.

i think part of the reason the 67 falls short is of the three years is the lack of performance options that year......sure you could get a 383 that year but even the 383 cars had the flat hood and the so called GTS for 67 was really just a GT with a 383, it still had GT emblems all over the car. So the 67 "GTS" was a half baked idea that was not very well thought out, unlike 68 and 9

Starting in 68 brought out the 340 and the bulge hood and a package that was purpose made and it shows with fanship.

68's are my favorite between the Big Block GTS's. But the 69 swinger is the no frills little muscle car of the Darts. I just always thought they reminded me of the 68-69 RR. They should have had a Big Block option for the swinger in 69. They could have called it the "Baby Bee"

personally all are nice but i like my 67 because its the first year of the change 66 to 67 up, the grille is different ,markers and lines..up /down not side to side, plus the tail lights and how the reverse lamps are in the bumper. No side markers to me gives it clean side lines. Hell its just me and my opinion....Rani you might have something there..IE power plant......Im just sayin..not tellin

I am partial to the 67's only because of owning 3 of them in the last 40 years.Just so happened that a 67 was for sale when I was ready to buy. Never had a 68 or 69.Skipped and had a 70 and 72.

I prefer the '68 of the three, but the '67 is a close second. The '67s look the most "classic" especially when they have the brightwork on tops of the fenders all the way to the back. '69s have never really done much for me, just because I think they don't have as much character without the round signals and markers of the '68, and tend to have less trim than the '67s. They're still awesome, just not quite as awesome!

They're still awesome,

i have never had a chance to buy a 67 but if i ever found one at a good price ...i dang sure wouldnt turn it down because its 67.....i would do that on anything 66 and back but a 67 still has the profile and shape of a real muscle car and it still would look great with a 383 in it :D

Attachments

• Dodge_Dart_1967_GTS383-ad.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 193
my favorite is the '69 but i've owned 1 for 32 years. i like the '67 next, don't care for '68. never liked the round lights.

i have one of each so i cant really play favorites but of the 2 i have always thought the 69 grille looks more tuned in and refined .....but on the flip side, i like the 68 tail lights better with the reverse light in the middle to match the flow of the trunk lid tail panel.

Attachments

• CIMG0508%20(2).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 157
I have had 67 8s & 9s. Still have a 69. I like the interior best on the 67s. The grill and tail best on the 69. But overall I like the 68 due to the fact they went all out with the SS cars.
68 on the barracuda also, it don't get any better. Matter of fact I be alright if it was 1968 today. Great year for mopars.

1968 is my preference. It was my first car!
4FE64011-1ECF-433A-9022-ACDC7E533C58-3158-00000883CE21AE05.jpg

67, 68, and 69 Darts were all great. They just kept getting better and better when they made the 70!:cheers:

-
Back