1967-69 Barracuda Registry

-
I've been working on gathering info, inputting it, and trying to decide where to go next, (and how). I had one pm a few weeks ago, and no other activity since we first decided to do this- there has not really been any interest.

I do blame myself, as I should be posting whatever to keep it going.
I also had a very good friend pass last week, and I need to take care of some things this coming week, and in the near future for his wife and kids- so at this point if it isn't spending time with family and friends, nothing else seems to matter too much. Nuff said on that, back to the topic at hand.

I will gather some info and post it, and I have reached out to a few friends, and FABO members, in an attempt to create a better format for sending in info and retrieving it- hopefully it will work out.

To date, 12 members have submitted some information and I have gathered information on about 75 other cars.

That is sad news. I just seen that it had been a long while since anyone posted. No big deal just was wondering. I have been so wrapped up with the turbo thing. Hope all goes well and things can get somewhat normal for ya. We lost 3 family members here last year and another confirmed cancer case. Sucks!

matthon, is this registry you are doing still active?

I have only received a few pms since March but nothing else.
I have not done much myself since then either. I have seen other members disappear for months or years, and one day return- and I always thought to myself, how could someone not sign into FABO everyday?
Well, now I know, as life happens to everyone and there is only so much time in a day. I won't bore everyone with my personal issues as we all have been there.
I still have stuff to work through, but in no way do I want to give up on this. Part of it is probably my own car sitting and having zero time to enjoy it.

The best thing to do is pm me so I get an e-mail notification.

I am always willing to help anyone with questions or whatever- once again I'm no expert, I just asked alot of questions and got alot of help from FABO and others.

I could still use more good information, like a complete 69 buildsheet, (and any good 67/68 ones too), more examples of IBM build cards, fender tags, certicards- anything to obtain more info. From what I gather, most people are understandibly reluctant to share info.

The last thing I remeber doing was combining my IBM build card, fender tag, and buildsheet in excel so I could input the info from anyone of them and it would return what the others should look like. I have my buildcard and fender tag, but no buildsheet. I input the build card info and it returned all of the info that would be on the fender tag and on the buildsheet, so now I know what mine looked like. I'll have to look at that again- but without more info there is no way to improve it.

I'm rambling- good night!

This is my grandfathers and he is also a memeber when i can i will try and get all the info on the car for you.

Thanks, guys! I have a '67 that had a fender tag go missing during the bodywork and painting stage, I only have VIN plate and the build card from Chrysler Heritage and have a hard time reading it. So far I have gotten all 80 lines except for line 45 which has a one punched through it and line 67 which has a 6 punched there. Not sure how to PM, I'll take a stab at it right now.

I have only received a few pms since March but nothing else.

The best thing to do is pm me so I get an e-mail notification.

I am always willing to help anyone with questions or whatever- once again I'm no expert, I just asked alot of questions and got alot of help from FABO and others.

QUOTE]

I have five 67 to 69 Barracudas in various stages of life. I will get the information gathered up and PM it to you. There are 3 fastbacks, 1 notchback and 1 convertible in the batch.

I have received a number of pms this week- so thank you.

Since this started in March, the majority of questions I receive are related to production numbers for a certain option or model, assistance with figuring out an IBM card, fender tag, etc, how many other members have similar cars, and how many members have sent info?

Ironically, I receive more questions than actual documents and pics, making it difficult to assist, create a bigger picture of these cars and the members who own them, or share information on this thread.

With all of the information out there, it is not complete nor is it in a central location accessible to everyone. We could change that, then I can share stuff in this thread as well- for example, we may have a documented 1967 383 car with power brakes.
They never made them that way you say?

The reality is, people on this forum will always help you with this, or direct you where to find that, including myself- but at the moment I just don't have much to report on this thread.

PS: I put a tunnel ram and two fours on my car this summer- yeaaahhh haaaa!! But for some reason I got no pics.

OK, let’s get some opinions on one of my favorite topics:
"They never built them like that."

Could a person get a 383 Barracuda with power brakes?

Code books, data books, sales books, etc, all state it was not possible to get power steering with a big block.

2 FABO members have IBM build cards for 1967 383 cars with 451 in the Power Equipment row.
451 is Power Brakes.

The first build card lists:
POWER EQUIPMENT – 451 = power brakes
SEATS – 555 = delete front and rear seatbelts
SPOTLIGHTS – 677 = built for export order
SOLD/NCS/SPECIAL ORDER – 691 = sold car/expedite (aka ordered car)

So, the car was ordered with power brakes, and also most code books only list seat belt delete for 1966 models.

The second build card lists:
POWER EQUIPMENT – 451 = power brakes
SPOTLIGHTS – 676 = ?

676 is either:
6" spotlight-loose, for 1966 cars only, OR
"Contracted NCS Dealer Pre Service" for 1968 cars only, (this was a contract company that added special requested items).

SPOTLIGHTS:

There are other codes for spotlights, but they are "spotlight-pillar mounted" like a police car. Either way, neither of them are listed for a 67 car.
SPOTLIGHTS was definitely used for other items that were not spotlights, like "built for export order."

SOLD/NCS/SPECIAL ORDER
NCS is in the 69_ row, not the 67_ row.
However, there are NCS codes that start with 67_.

Would a contracted company, who wanted options the public could not get, have to order a car?
If so, should there also be a 691?

This is using the assumption that power brakes were an option that the public could not get- that is debunked by the first build card.

Is 677 something else?

The 1967 cars, in my opinion, are overlooked and the information is far from definitive.
They look like the 68 and 69s, but they share just as much with the 66s as far as part interchange and codes.

This is what makes this so interesting, and hopefully changes people's opinions that these cars could never have a certain option, or were never built a certain way.

Comments and insight are welcome.

Matt, just got my build cards from fastbackjon on the Charger registry, trying to figure out how to put pictures on here so I could show them off, they got here in like 3 days.

Here it is, and it looks perfect too.
Nice service they provide.

Attachments

• Buildcard pic2.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 455
Here is how the Chrysler Buildcard is 'decoded.'

Attachments

• Card Codes and Graphics for 67-Character Set.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 481
Working on it, and to a buildsheet.
And could probably work the other way too.

Date you bought your car: Car has been in my family since 1976, my name since 2003.
Where you bought your car, Cleveland ohio

VIN BH29F8B379XXX
Body Style Fastback
Engine 318 2bbl. currently 1990 360. I don’t have original motor.
Year 1968
Transmission currently 727, don’t have original trans.
Rear end and gear, 7 ¼ factory with 2.76, I have the rear end. 8 ¾ with 3.91 currently.
Original body color and current color QQ1 blue
Convertible or Vinyl top color neither
Stripe color White
Condition: original/restored/race/custom/other repainted, never restored.
Options AC(not installed), power steering, optional hood, rally dash, console shifter.

Fender Tag
a6 b4 m6
E1 R1 S1 X1
Under 23 is 50, under 7 is 8, AX is 1, TRM H6X, PNT is QQ1, under U is B under S is 3
BH29 41 5 38 514 277XXX

I pm'd you the other info. Very interested in this registry.

Do records still exist for the 69's?
I remember reading something about a fire at Chrysler.

Very cool, I came across this thread back when I got my '67 earlier this year and just figured it to be too old.
Does matthon still want my car's info?
Nothing special '67 Notch with a 273 and auto
But I have the fender tag and the original certi-card too
and while it has had a skin done and a color shoot
it sports the original equipment and the color is a respray of the original color

Time to pony up the 45 for the build card, very cool

Just found this thread. I have a very torn up build sheet and the window sticker. I'll post them when I dig them up.

Thanks for reviving this thread;

Will get all my info out when i get back home .

67 convt. , white , red interior, black top, /6, auto,

Doing complete resto now, going back with original colors but 273 'S'
with red hood and deck stripes,

Lon;:burnout:

-
Back