1967 915 heads any good?

-
They were avaliable on more then just those models. There is a 915 Magnum head or HP heads and a regular 915. Exhaust Valve size being difference 915s came on everything from Imperials to New Yorkers too

Bob I do have to agree with you. Sometimes people post questions and everything but what they asked gets answered. Or question why. Instead of asking the OP what his intentions were it went from iron heads to Alumn and porting.

It sure is funny though.....I posted a legitimate answer to his question, and then made just a lighte hearted joke a few posts later and nobody gives me credit for my first post that was a serious answer and trying to help yet wanna fry me for my joke. Tell you what Josh, since you wanna agree with Bob, then you can piss off too. Don't be askin me anymore bullshit through PM or anywhere else. Sorry I ever tried to helped you.

Wow , and people say I'm bitter ...

we need a group hug ...

Nothing wrong with the 915's , if you have them use them , I'm doing a 383 build for a friend right now , budget build and I just picked up a set of 915's for it .

Wow , and people say I'm bitter ...

we need a group hug ...

Nothing wrong with the 915's , if you have them use them , I'm doing a 383 build for a friend right now , budget build and I just picked up a set of 915's for it .

John - You have SOoooo mellowed over the years...lol.

i have a set of 906's sitting here... but i opted for a set of aluminums rather than sinking money into valves, seats, guides, springs, keepers, porting, etc.

they ARE better for one thing... if someone is doing an exact resto / collector car then they need the 915 heads for a '67 or 906's for 68,69,70

wow i never thought that this question would cause such a sh%$&t storm but it has been fun and insightfull thank you everyone lol.

FWIW We did a set of 915s about 20 years ago that ran 10.20s on a 440 replacing a set of 906s. The new aluminium stuff is vastly improved but if you got 'em might as well run 'em. You could do a lot worse & they do have potential. Espescially if budget is tight.

GEE, I'm afraid to say I got a pair of 452's..........

I can't resist.

The 452 is a good head.

Because, if you already own it,

It has induction hardened exhaust seats that will resist exhaust valve recession when used in hard service like a truck that is towing a trailer. It has flows from the factory that are equivalant to other factory castings as it comes with the larger 2.08/174 valves and an unrestricted flat port. It can also be ported more easily to the 280-290cfm range than the 915 or 906. It is also less prone to cracking around the exhaust valve seat than it's predecessor the 902.

In short, a good head for stock to modest performance applications.

-
Back