[WANTED] 1967 Barracuda dash face plate.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moparman111

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
I feel stupid for admitting it but yesterday I was moving around parts to take pics and my palm caught the little ear of dash face plate (next to glove box) and it snapped like a twig:(.
Now I figure I can try and glue it but we all know it will be satisfactory. So now I am going to start looking for a face with nice original paint (preferred) for a 67 only. I live in Martinsburg WV and am willing to drive a moderate distance to pick up as I have zero faith in UPS/FedEx. But if the right one at the right price shows up and the buyer wont mind shipping it I am interested. I would just ask that a heavy piece of cardboard be used/taped front and back side of it to provide some integrity. Anyways, please PM me with prices and pics.

I love this site!
Thank you to all my fellow Mopar peeps.
Robert:)

They can be fixed. Check some You Tube videos, but the basics of it (as I understand) is plastic scrapes from another dash bezel mixed with acetone to form a cement. Sand and paint to finish. They are expensive to pay others to repair/refinish

I have an unbroke 67 dash bezel. It needs repainted but not broke or cut anywhere. 200.00 you pick up. Pm me for pics. It has the gauges in it yet

You may like to know it was already cracked. Don't beat yourself up over that. The right seat back is what cracks them. Those 500 dollar Chinese bezels are being cracked in the same manner. There is or should be a part on the seat hinge bolt much like the biscuit type motor supports (rubber bonded to metal ) that once created resistance in the seat back movement. 40 years later the seat back flips effortlessly.
My custom modified OEM bezel corrected this ( deleted that "fish poop" screw ) along with other alterations/improvements . All history now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back