1967 Barracuda Fastback rear window

-

gibby911

Reaction score
I am looking for a NEW rear window for my Barracuda . In the spring I found some on the internet for $299.00 , but now since I have found the rear window rubber and support strips all I can find are rear windows for almost double the price . My Questions: Is this window that rare ? Can anyone help me with Mopar parts sources ? I live in Canada and we dont have a lot of classic car sources up here.
Any information will be appreciated.. Thanks

I'm not asking if you prefer "new" or why. I can tell you a used rear glass should clean up nicely. Those don't suffer from the elements like the front glass does. The reproduction rear glass that I removed from my notch had 2 flaws in shape near lower right corner that hurt overall appearance like 2 dents in the car. I did install a new front glass that I've had here for 12 to 14 years, it looks great. I installed a used OEM rear glass that looks great too.
Getting any quality reproduction parts today is a roll of the dice.
Good luck with your project.

They are not particularly rare and are damn near indestructible under normal circumstances. A good used 67-9 fastback glass should be able to found in the 100.00 range because of the above reasons. What does happen to them is that they are prone to scratches. So look closely at them.
The price you have for a new one seems awfully cheap I've seen them for 4-600 range (couple years ago) when I was looking to replace mine because of scratches, but found a really nice used one.

-
Back