-
Status
Not open for further replies.

DART340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
All correct 67 Formula S 383 car, auto, kelsey hayes disc, yellow, black, red line tires asking $20,000.00, I really don't know of any rust in this car, it is very nice
100_1565.jpg

100_1567.jpg

100_1569.jpg

100_1563.jpg

Looks nice but isn't "all correct" by a long shot. Wrong alt. pulley, wrong rad cap, rubber fuel line?, wrong valve covers, wrong air cleaner, wrong battery. It looks to be a nice car, but 20K?

Looks nice but isn't "all correct" by a long shot. Wrong alt. pulley, wrong rad cap, rubber fuel line?, wrong valve covers, wrong air cleaner, wrong battery. It looks to be a nice car, but 20K?

That can all be changed in an hour!:toothy10: Still a nice car...hubcaps are wrong too...

Dang you Guys don't cut Anyone any slack do you.Looks like a 20K car to me BB A's are not cheap.I think he should get atleast 18K out of it.
Jim

Since you guys seem to know what belongs and what does the stuff on there belong too? is that a 273 340 air cleaner?
is it supposed to be the black one? /and what about the valve covers and hub caps?

Air cleaner should be wrinkle black, no snorkles. The valve covers on it are the newer design, but the original ones came chrome. Hubcaps are for the 1966 model year.

Poor guy, can't even put a really nice car up for sale at a reasonable asking price, without being picked out by none buyers. I didn't see the "concourse" part in the post. The hose clamps for the fuel filter and the clamp for the breather on the valve cover is wrong too, i can't make out the date on the plug wires, give it a break!

BEAUTIFUL car, all the best with the sale.

Dang you Guys don't cut Anyone any slack do you.Looks like a 20K car to me BB A's are not cheap.I think he should get atleast 18K out of it.
Jim

I agree, the price is right. That is a rare car, sweet color too.

I'm not faulting the guys. When a car comes up for sale that is advertized as "all correct" or "factory correct" and it turns out that it may not be then there will be comments. Personally I like the car especially with the BB and I think the price is about right.

Terry

I think it's priced about right. There was guys asking $20,000 for 318 cars like this last year:-D

Oh and I like it.

Well, I gotta tell ya, I think it's a good looking car. Price maybe high, but that's OK as well, theres a simple thing you can do about it if your serious about getting one.......Argue the price.

I noticed the comments awhile back but declined to edit or stop anybody from making them. There not rude. Just points made about the car. And though I would never know, I'd hate to show it with these items not being 100% correct thinking they are. That's why there left there. Perhaps the owner is non the wiser ethier.

My only question to the seller is......

Why didn't you put in your location and contact info? It could really help.

I think it's priced about right. There was guys asking $20,000 for 318 cars like this last year
Hey, I had a kid 18 - 20 show me a rusted out rat box of an E bdy Cuda for the same price, 20K's. When quized on it, he said, do the body and drop in a HEMI and you'll have a 1,000,000 dollor car, just like on B Jackson......OH great, another rocket sci guy dreaming his life away on the cars sale.
School time...........schooled him! Left crying with the giggles.

I think everyone is forgetting its a BIG BLOCK car. And as nice as it is (considering concourse examples go for close to $30K) I don't think he's asking to much.

JMHO

Well everone has kicked the tires here! I' wish I had the money for that car,correct or not.Super nice! Been repainted?

Is someone able to provide pictures of an original 67 383 engine/car?
I have seen these questions come up on this exact car before, here and on e-bay, and different answers, (especially the air cleaner, size/color/snorkles/tin).

Since you guys seem to know what belongs and what does the stuff on there belong too? is that a 273 340 air cleaner?
is it supposed to be the black one? /and what about the valve covers and hub caps?

It`s hard to say where the parts on the car came from, especially after 42 years. The valve covers look like DC covers from the 70`s, the originals would have been chrome plated but would have only had one opening per side and wire connection looms/retainers. The air cleaner looks like a chrome reproduction of the 68-69 340 to 440 air cleaner. The original would`ve been about 2 inches larger in diameter and a bit taller with a a small flattened area on the top side. The hubcaps look like 65 or 66 C-body caps but I`m not quite sure. If the car is a rust free 67 Formula-S car with it`s factory big block then small things like that can be overlooked. Although original valve covers and air cleaners for these cars are rare and expensive they are available from time to time. I think the car is marketed at a fair price for what it is. Good luck to the seller, perhaps somebody here at the site will buy it.

Sorry, off topic.

I'm working on a 68 cuda that had a 440 installed. What would be the correct valve covers for a 68 BB 'Cuda? Any pics would be great too!

Should the engine be blue?
I read in Hemmings, and was also told by someone who has owned one since almost new, that all 383 67 Barracudas had blue engines and were 280 hp, except for the last few cars in the model year, they were orange and 325 hp, (and he has a blue engine).
The difference in hp was due to the heads, same as the 68s.
Mine has a coat of orange and blue, and it appears the orange was first, the car was built Wednesday May 31, 1967, (from my understanding that was near the end of the 67 model year), and the engine was built Tuesday May 23, 1967, (as the 67s don't have the vin on the block you have to go by the date it was built to determine 'matching numbers').
This is all what I have been able to determine, I am by no means an expert or even convinced this information is correct, but the auto makers did do some strange things in the past.

Hey, I wasn't dogging the car. I said I liked it. I'd just hate to see someone buy it with the idea that its "correct" when it isn't. Some of that stuff is expensive and hard to find (v covers and air cleaner). And the rubber fuel line, unsafe for a $2000 car let alone a $20,000 one. Yeah, its easily fixable if you can find the parts and have the cash. Imagine if some poor SOB buys it and takes it to his first car show and gets ripped by a judge. If it was me, I'd be pissed. If the ad didn't say "all correct" I wouldn't have said anything at all.

Should the engine be blue?
I read in Hemmings, and was also told by someone who has owned one since almost new, that all 383 67 Barracudas had blue engines and were 280 hp, except for the last few cars in the model year, they were orange and 325 hp, (and he has a blue engine).
The difference in hp was due to the heads, same as the 68s.
Mine has a coat of orange and blue, and it appears the orange was first, the car was built Wednesday May 31, 1967, (from my understanding that was near the end of the 67 model year), and the engine was built Tuesday May 23, 1967, (as the 67s don't have the vin on the block you have to go by the date it was built to determine 'matching numbers').
This is all what I have been able to determine, I am by no means an expert or even convinced this information is correct, but the auto makers did do some strange things in the past.

I`ve never seen anything but turquoise for the engine color of A-body 383`s. I believe most all 383`s in that era were turquoise except for police cars and and some HP versions. 383`s did pick up a few hp with the change of the heads from 67-68 and a slightly taller piston but I don`t think it was as much as 45 hp, probably closer to 10-15. The 270 hp figure is probably from the 2 barrel version of the 383. It is true that Chrysler did some odd things during production so nothing is surprising.

Sorry, guys, I did not mean concourse, just that it was an original bb, auto car. The basic car is all there. I do have the original air cleaner, it is black with a single snorkle, I believe. It has been a while since I have looked at it. I also have the original front tag bracket. Some thing I changed just because it looked better

Oh, and it is turquoise, the pics just look different

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back