1967 barracuda formula s rear sagging

-

upsguy

1967 Barracuda Formula S
Reaction score
My 67 barracuda is sagging in rear, should I replace the springs , if so, what type of springs should I install? How involved is the install?

Thanks,
Lou

Many of us have had good luck with ESPO Springs and Things. Great folks to deal with. tmm

My 67 barracuda is sagging in rear, should I replace the springs , if so, what type of springs should I install? How involved is the install?

Thanks,
Lou

I agree on the ESPO. Changing them is a breeze, as long as the current bolts come loose.

Prop the car up on jack stands under the frame rail in front of the springs. Put another under the axle tube on the side you are working. Drop the spring out, put the new in. Repeat on the other side.

Leave the bolts a tad loose until you get it on the ground and torque to spec.

IF all goes well a couple hour job if you're not familiar with it.

Thanks for the responses, all a big help! Looks to be pretty straight forward......will absolutely use the idle time prior to install to spray and soak the existing hardware!

I also like the MP super stock -002 and -003 rear springs...

I agree on the ESPO. Changing them is a breeze, as long as the current bolts come loose.

Prop the car up on jack stands under the frame rail in front of the springs. Put another under the axle tube on the side you are working. Drop the spring out, put the new in. Repeat on the other side.

Leave the bolts a tad loose until you get it on the ground and torque to spec.

IF all goes well a couple hour job if you're not familiar with it.

Torque to spec. Good point! a quote from a prior post by YoungBlood.
"I'm almost where you are, and I've been instructed that 45lbs is where you want to be for the u-bolts.

The leaf-spring needs to effectively "suspend", and cranking down too much prevents this, keeping the spring from working as designed (correct pinion-angle is very important to this function as well).

Tightening down too much will affect both traction and ride."

-
Back