1967 Barracuda hood letters

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
I have now seen two 67 barracudas (vin checked 67s ) with the one piece "Plymouth" emblem over the driver side headlight just like a 68 barracuda.

Did some cars in 67 have the one piece "PLYMOUTH" emblem and others have the P L Y M O U T H individual letters across the header panel?. Which ones had which one?? I was thinking maybe formula S cars had one way and other cars the other way ????

Attachments

• letters1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 472
  • 2785791.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 314
Seems the header panel must have been changed due to an accident or something.
This is the first I have heard of the left side emblem on a 67.
You know what they say with Mopar anything was possible?
Did you see them up close? Original paint?

Seems the header panel must have been changed due to an accident or something.
This is the first I have heard of the left side emblem on a 67.
You know what they say with Mopar anything was possible?
Did you see them up close? Original paint?

if they were changed then it would have had to have been a very long time ago because the paint is faded evenly on all the panels on both cars.

when I saw the first one, I assumed it had been changed out but now the second one .......hmmmm

Seeing is believing, cep't on the internet. Lol.
By the way I like your rani day van, were you ever able to find one you like yet.

Seeing is believing, cep't on the internet. Lol.
By the way I like your rani day van, were you ever able to find one you like yet.

have not found an A-100 van yet but the avatar art is real sweet art work done by fabo member "DDaddy"

I have to think I'm not the only owner who hates those letters and would get rid of them at the first opportunity. Nothing more than a header panel and the different badge to make it happen. This is the least expensive repair after a minor collision too, even back in those early years.
Bottom line, I'll bet my quarter that every 67 had those scattered letters off the assembly line.

I've had 3 67 Barracudas, my sisters both had 67 Barracudas and I had one 68 Barracuda, my neighbor has a 67 Barracuda

Every 67 Barracuda I have seen has had the individual letters across the header panel.

The 68 has the single piece Plymouth emblem above the left side grill

My brothers 69 GTS big block Dart had round turn signals in the grill. Being young and stupid thought the GTS used the same grill as the 68, but his car had been wrecked in the front and repaired, it is the only 1969 Dart I have seen with a 68 grill. So it was repaired with a 68 grill back before 1972 when he bought it.

The nose pieces do get swapped around due to accident damage. Although it's more common to find a 67 nose on a 68, since they made more 67s, and the 67 grill, being all metal, tended to survive better. I would be pretty certain that the factory never released a 67 with the 68 style badge.

I have seen 67-68 header panels with no holes drilled from factory, anywhere.

I have to think I'm not the only owner who hates those letters and would get rid of them at the first opportunity.

well if any of ya'all have a set of letters and hate them ....I am looking for a set.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=344008

no matter what happened to the car in the past I want to go back to a true 67. I just wanted to verify no one else has ever had a 67 with the one piece emblem.

Seems it was changed out but probably long before I was even born because it's been this way a looooong time because the bolts have surface rust and it's all faded evenly. :???:

I think that site is broken or something because half the pages are blank and it doesn't make sense.

BUT, I did find the letters. an option for sure if some nice originals don't materialize :)

Thanks

I didn't use their website.....just sent Rick a PM and he took care of it.

I've got the ones I took off my Barracuda somewhere that you can have.
I'll try to find them.

My 67 has no holes at all for emblems on the header panel. No clue if it's ever been changed out. If it did, it was way before my time because I can't tell if any work has been done.

Attachments

• IMG_20160323_104339380.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20160323_104352030.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 167
well if any of ya'all have a set of letters and hate them ....I am looking for a set.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=344008

no matter what happened to the car in the past I want to go back to a true 67. I just wanted to verify no one else has ever had a 67 with the one piece emblem.

Seems it was changed out but probably long before I was even born because it's been this way a looooong time because the bolts have surface rust and it's all faded evenly. :???:

50 year old pot metal will not be in great shape unless they have been off the car for the last 40 years. If you want nice ones might be best to get repop if available

I probably have some but not complete that would have been off since the mid 70's...... LOL No clue where they would be either

Off and on topic, I have a 68 and I am certain the doors are the ones that came with it, however they have the 67 door vents on the bottom. The car was ordered in March of 68 so it wouldn't be an early version. Has anyone else seen this?

My 67 has no holes at all for emblems on the header panel. No clue if it's ever been changed out. If it did, it was way before my time because I can't tell if any work has been done.

Include my 68. My car did take a front shot early in its life so it may be that at the time replacement panels did not come pre-drilled and body shops did not care to fool with it.

-
Back