1967 barracuda leaf springs

-

beerman

Reaction score
i don't know whether to add a leaf in my old springs or buy new springs . we stuffed a 383 built 727 trans 420 gears 500 h.p. ? in this 67 fastback,it was a 273 car. i have checked with jegs ,they have competition leafs but drivers side has 2 fewer leafs than passenger side , made for drag racing. drivers side of the car is about 2-3" lower than passenger side with these. now, can i put the passenger side springs on both sides so car is level or will that screw me up when i do get on it???? suggestions?? thanks, randy

i don't know .they are supposed to be competition spgs . asked a guy at summit he said they are the same. guy at jegs said your car will not be level .guess i'll just order and see

Sounds like Super Stock Springs. I've read where people have said you can adjust the torsion bars some to help make the car set more level with the SS springs. You could try the Heavy Duty springs instead. I think they're just 2 of one side SS spring used on both sides but I'm not sure.

I would have the stock 4 leafs re arched. A rear sway bar will sweeten the street miles too.

The springs are a super stock spring and yes the car will sit higher on the right side.
When a drag car takes off from the starting line,the first tire to leave the ground is the drivers side tire.
This puts more weight on the right rear.
The car has a stronger right rear spring with more leafs in it to compensate for the engines torque off the line,keeping the car square to the ground for the best even traction for both rear wheels.
The way the car sits says it all..............MOPOR SUPER STOCKER.:glasses8:

You can adjust the drivers side torsion bar up a little higher to compensate.

We have 2 cars with Super Stock springs, Both cars sit pretty level in the back. Within 1/2 inch from side to side. Front to back is a whole different story. If you get Super Stock Springs from a dealer there is no shipping.

What is the story on stance then when using SS springs? I would not mind a little higher rear on my 68 fish.

I got the ss springs installed they look fine. Ride a little stiffer .thanks everybody,randy

Do the SS springs help with the launch and 60 ft times? My 60 ft is running about 2.02 (worse when the street tires spin). Have drag radials coming. The car is 8 3/4, 3.91 SG with snubber.

What can be done to improve the 60 ft?

-
Back