1967 Barracuda pitman arm, idler arm and center link question

-
I have a 67 Barracuda that the previous owner installed a 383 in and the center link rubs against the oilpan and wondered if the parts were different.

I have a nice 67 v8 center link with both arms. The pitman arm is PS though.

Picture 3701.jpg

That looks like what I have on mine. Mine is fine just rubbing the pan some.

There were no specific slant or V8 center links on the 67-76 A-bodies. It is typical for the pitman or idler arm studs to hit the pan. A little dent here or there will solve the problem.

Many years ago, when the counter clerks looked up parts in ink and paper books, I learned that the idler arm for a 67 big block build had a different number and was not available. Slant 6 and small block used the same idler arm.
Idler arm for 67 a-body was the only item we looked up so I don't know if the pitman arm was also different.

Last edited:
The 67 Idler Arm is a 1 year only part. As far as your oil pan rub,some years are a bit deeper from the oil pan rail to the shallow part of the pan(not the sump)than others.you may be able to tell what year the pan is from by the number in the pan stamping.Do a search with your number.

I looked on Schumacher's site and they say the pan needs dimpled so the centerlink will clear. I do have the 187 pan and its one of the pans they say will work with their mounts.

-
Back