1967 Barracuda Trunk Trim Hadrware

-

TheContractorDude

Reaction score
Greetings,
I am in the process of installing the two thin pieces of trunk trim on the Barracuda. I am missing 9 of the clips w/nuts and I believe the top piece at the ends had some sort of push in style attachment cause there is no access to those holes in the truck lid for installing nuts. Does anyone have any clips available? I call Mr. G and am waiting a reply.

IMG_4373.JPG

IMG_4374.JPG

IMG_4375.JPG

IMG_4376.JPG

I believe these are the clips and nuts, have to bend the arm out to fit the trim size.
Iirc, I used these on my top trim, but I do not recall the ends being different.

20231109_195441.jpg

20231109_195421.jpg

Cool thanks
Ya the upper trim outer holes on my trunk lid are not accessible. So I was thinking there was a push in type of fastener. I got a call into Tom at R/T Specialties as well

What you need are a pair of wire trim clips like this (not saying this is it).
Mopar Number 6002368

24445_1-B.jpg

Alan

We resto tons of these trim pieces and very few are original pieces.
90% of the Cudas out there have the top piece brought down to the bottom, due to the fact that the bottoms are near impossible to find.
Here is how to tell them apart:
The top piece has square cutouts (for the clips) and the bottom does not.
-----------------------------
Considering buying the repro kit? It will be a pair of the top pieces only.
The top piece does not fit the bottom, so you have to bend it to fit, best you can.
BUT, you will find out it will not fit correctly and soon rub your paint off. GRRRRRR. :BangHead:
You would think the repro companies would have reproduced the bottom piece by now, but they probably can't (or have no desire to) find a perfect bottom piece.
-------------------------------
Answer to your orig question: Yes, the end clips are push in...but the door panel clips will not work. The correct clips have a square gray base that seats them correctly.

FRED-CUDA-07.jpg

Small square push-in clips to investigate at R/T Specialties listed for splash shield clips. Discovered these for my cuda interior trim. These may work for you.

100_3086.JPG

Last edited:
We resto tons of these trim pieces and very few are original pieces.
90% of the Cudas out there have the top piece brought down to the bottom, due to the fact that the bottoms are near impossible to find.
Here is how to tell them apart:
The top piece has square cutouts (for the clips) and the bottom does not.
-----------------------------
Considering buying the repro kit? It will be a pair of the top pieces only.
The top piece does not fit the bottom, so you have to bend it to fit, best you can.
BUT, you will find out it will not fit correctly and soon rub your paint off. GRRRRRR. :BangHead:
You would think the repro companies would have reproduced the bottom piece by now, but they probably can't (or have no desire to) find a perfect bottom piece.
-------------------------------
Answer to your orig question: Yes, the end clips are push in...but the door panel clips will not work. The correct clips have a square gray base that seats them correctly.

View attachment 1716164703
So this is a top piece with the notch?

IMG_4378.JPG

Go to a NAPA and look at their "clip board" ??bring your trim piece..

1709956986865.png

1709957096158.png

-
Back