1967 Barracuda V8 emblem question -- "Commando V8" or "V Eight"

-

Bob67Barracuda

Reaction score
Did the 1967 Barracuda ever get the "Commando V8" emblem?

I'm looking to add replace lost emblems on a '67 that originally was a 273 2bbl -- not Commando V 8 but which has been replaced with a much later 318 4bbl (which includes the correct '67 273 carb and the 273 Commando "pie tin").

I've seen '67s with an emblem that says "V Eight" and I've seen some with the "Commando V8" emblem. But I've not seen anything that for sure says the "Commando V8" emblem is a "correct" option on a '67.

I know the V8 emblem with the cool fish logo didn't happen until '68.

I guess the look I'm going for is a '67 Barracuda Commando V8 clone, if there is such a thing.

my 67 formula-s has just formula-s emblems and the single large notch in the rear valance for the resonator. My E-code (273 commando) 67 notch only has the rear valance cut out for the resonator with basic emblems. My old 67 273-2bbl had v-eight emblem.

Attachments

• IMG_1153 (800x533).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 443
Thanks for the responses! I'm definitely leaning toward getting the Commando V8 emblems. Looks like a legit addition to a '67. Plus, you can actually find them for sale!

The commando badge was part of the complete commando package. I'm almost certain it is a 1 year only piece too.

-
Back