1967 Convertible rear panels

-

Rangepony69

1st Mopar
Reaction score
Would love to find some good used rear seat side panels for my 67 convertible. When taking out the interior to restore/clean the right side had a few edges break off....pretty brittle. The left side came out fine....looks like the repos are not exactly correct and very expensive.

Any thoughts or possible contacts?

The leading edges as cracked on one side of mine also

I went with custom interior and had them covered with the same material as the seats so they look better than the original. Plus since my interior is dark blue would have to spray dye them and then figured they would scratch very easy. I actually had another set of good white ones

Depends on what you are looking for

View attachment image.jpg

Guess I need to take a few more pictures with the Ipad

I've got a very nice set of black b'cuda vert panels I would trade for red or tan in same condition. I've figured out deleting the ash trays and adding a longer hinged pad w/ storage pocket beneath. Haven't cut anything yet.

I'm trying to keep the car original if at all possible....love the look of custom but not this car. My interior is white but that doesn't really matter since I will be painting everything anyway...would like some prices from you guys if you want to sell.

I'm trying to keep the car original if at all possible....love the look of custom but not this car. My interior is white but that doesn't really matter since I will be painting everything anyway...would like some prices from you guys if you want to sell.

There were white panels shown in a parting car thread not long ago. I think it was in Canada. Good luck

I saw Layson's restoration had them. Was thinking of getting them for my 68 dart, but they were pretty expensive the last time I looked.

if you are wanting to keep it original looking you might try and get repop panels. they use to come in white or black. if you take old ones that need dyed they probably will look like old painted panels when done and scratch easy

if you can get the repop in white they might be expensive but will look better

just my 2 cents

View attachment rear side panel.jpg

I understand the keep it original, just harder to do then make a custom. Sometimes easier and cheaper to do custom.

I also removed the ash tray and had longer arm rest installed, never thought about the storage under it, but really wouldn't be very wide and not many times does someone sit back there. it would be a place to put stuff then wonder what the hell I did with it.......LOL

The repops look like crap and do not have the right upper shape for the Barracuda. I looked at them for my son's Dart, but passed. I managed to find a decent used set at a good price that had had speaker holes fixed (nicely, I might add).

The modifications you did look really good.....I usually modify the whole car or none of it....this one is a none of it car......there are two places I've found with re-pops....both expensive and not exact to original....guess I'll give the fiberglass a try. Thanks for your help.

Most anything can be repaired. If you can get the outside to look right with super glue You could reinforce the inside with epoxy. Rip the plastic surface up with a steel wire brush or something so the epoxy gets a tooth to adhere to. The 2 part epoxy that I have recently grown fond of is used to set steel anchors in holes drilled in concrete. It aint cheap. The caulking type tube it comes in is only half filled. I don't use the mixing nozzle ( adds to the cost ) that comes with it either. I did purchase it for use as its intended. The remainder has worked very well in other applications.

I have a black set in decent condition. A couple of spots could use minor repair. I paid $180. I would sell for the same plus shipping. I bought the Layson's panels. Other than the ash try holes too small and the map light holes too big, they look good. Yet to install. Pm if interested. I can text or e-mail pictures.

-
Back