1967 Copper interior parts

-

Pjs67Fish

Reaction score
my barracuda has the copper interior (almost like a tan/mauve/pinkish color) in it and I was looking for some help. I have the dash out while I paint the engine bay and I think I may replace the dash pad. The pad that’s in it isn’t cracked but it looks like it’s black that has been dyed brown. But it’s flaking off. PG classics has a repo one but it’s tan. Legendary doesn’t have one. Can someone confirm that the tan is correct for 67 copper? Anyone with pics would be even better.

It's a 1 year only color and the parts used are hard to find. This is a Valiant with the same color....I think.

Picture 1174.jpg

I will get some pictures of mine tomorrow. But that isn’t the same interior I have. They could have a both used a brown dash pad. The carpet is brown too in my car. But I have no idea if it’s original. But my steering wheel is the copper/pinkish color like the rest of the interior.

I have a 67 GTX with the copper interior! Parts in that color are very hard to find, so I bought some “Copper Dust” dye from the now defunct Mopaints guy, who used to work on the soft parts line at Chrysler when these cars were new!

62C81D02-DA71-4CFA-AC81-385DFF16590A.jpeg

The dash pad on a 67 Barracuda with the copper interior is brown/chestnut.

Alan

View attachment 1715167756
View attachment 1715167757

...and the original carpet is "Chestnut", although you can't find new stuff that dark. You have to settle for dark brown. It says "Val"(Valiant) and "B/S" (Bench seat) as my car was originally column shift.

DartOrigCarpetTag (Small).JPG

My Dart now...console and tach installed...

ConsoleTachInstalled Apr-2018.JPG

Last edited:
I will get some pictures of mine tomorrow. But that isn’t the same interior I have. They could have a both used a brown dash pad. The carpet is brown too in my car. But I have no idea if it’s original. But my steering wheel is the copper/pinkish color like the rest of the interior.

Pics...would love to see them!

Here is the interior of my 67 GTS. It’s a dark copper exterior on medium copper interior. As you can see certain pieces are generally slightly darker than the seats, door panels, or console which are lighter. That was how it came from the factory.
Carl

D42D3160-D714-42CA-AE7C-2A5DD9814DF9.jpeg

00065D64-FC87-43F1-89B8-501AFF23536C.jpeg

5BB477B2-21CB-4CAC-9799-18ADDF60C7CF.jpeg

Carl...did you repaint your dash and upper door section? They look darker than mine, and the dash looks shiny, whereas mine is the factory flat finish (not refinished).

Carl I would love to see the rest of the car. My barracuda is dark copper metallic originally (HH-1) with copper interior. Never seen another car like it. Here is some photos of my interior. Pardon all the crap in the car the whole dash and under the hood is apart as I paint engine bay.

B159CAB1-9755-4854-838F-5AFA58357843.jpeg

A6323D34-7B51-467B-A20B-764B2B4A35E5.jpeg

27176DBE-1E76-4C30-B4AA-6222CF746CA6.jpeg

E9B9A45F-D075-4F71-B170-AB5EB0B4C928.jpeg

EAEE626A-7B0D-4BB6-8C50-5343BF9C723E.jpeg

CB311DD8-2359-493C-862F-BE975EDFCFE2.jpeg

Interesting, they used the medium copper on the interior metal.
Your dashpad should be brown, chestnut (redish brown), it is close to the same color as the console, real load area sides an the dash frame.

Just to answer everyone. Yes I restored the interior. However the car is HH1 exterior dark copper metallic on medium copper interior. I think that the front of the dash should have less gloss and be more flat and I have seen the dash cap darker than mine but also a similar color. Sometimes depending on then angle of the pics it changes the shades somewhat. The steering wheel center cap, dash face, dash cap and console should be darker than the seats and door panels. I’ll also include some exterior shots so you can see the exterior color.

This is the 67 Tan (gold) interior, note it uses the same brown dash pad, dash, carpet, kick panels, steering column.
Unlike the copper the tan has a brown steering wheel where the copper has a tan, go figure.
There was no tan dash pad in 67.

Alan

2004-06-06_26.jpg

2004-06-06_27.jpg

This is the 67 Tan (gold) interior, note it uses the same brown dash pad, dash, carpet, kick panels, steering column.
Unlike the copper the tan has a brown steering wheel where the copper has a tan, go figure.
There was no tan dash pad in 67.

Alan

View attachment 1715169268
View attachment 1715169269
My Barracuda with H5T (Tan) interior is/was very similar. Dark Brown kickpanels, dashpad and carpet. I saved a scrap of original carpet that was in good condition for future reference. As someone posted above, the original is darker than the repop. Seat belts are also brown - not quite as dark as the dash etc. Only color that *might* be different than you show is the steering column collar that screws to the lower dash. Mine broke into 4 or 5 pieces when the car was new to me - so its in a baggy in box. I'll have to look for it.

This has been great. I m thinking about ordering carpet while I have the whole interior apart. Can anyone tell me what color from what manufacture you use? I know it’s a brown but what’s right?

This has been great. I m thinking about ordering carpet while I have the whole interior apart. Can anyone tell me what color from what manufacture you use? I know it’s a brown but what’s right?
There's really one 1 carpet manufacturer (ACC), but many retailers. Get the darkest brown you can...the original "Chestnut" color is no longer available.

Was the dark brown dash pad, defrost vents and satin or matte brown paint referenced as 'tan', 'chestnut' or something else?
I need to replace the defroster vents which are the dark brown. It would be nice to know what I should be looking for.

To reply to the Original Posters question (as much as I may like to talk about Copper interiors), here is an original 67 Valiant that I had with the Tan (gold) interior (seats are not original), I do not believe the carpet is original as well. The dash pad is brown, little bit different shade than the dash frame. Kick panels were brown as well, steering wheel was brown where the one in the copper interiors was more tan, otherwise the dash frame, pad and kick panels are exactly the same color as the cars with a copper interior.

Alan

2004-06-06_26.jpg

2004-06-06_27.jpg

Here’s a couple pics of the copper interior in my 67 GTX. As you can see, the steering wheel, kick panels, dash paint, door panels, armrest pads, seat covers, and headliner are all copper color. The dash pad is more of a brown color, but this may either be due to fading, or possibly the fact that a copper pad was not available, it was not a popular interior color. The rear seat surround is almost a brown/maroon color, but I believe this is a replacement, there was some key pieces changed or nonexistent when I got the car. Coincidentally, ever piece changed or missing was a high dollar item not available for years through the 70’s/80’s!

-
Back