1967 Dart 270

-
Glad to see a write up on this one. Missed that you had started it.

Did you ever get a length measurement on those axles?

Did you ever get a length measurement on those axles?

Can't recall at the moment, Mosler took care of the machining.

In the next month I'll assemble the rear, chuck is already done from "back in the day" all I have to do is clean, paint, assemble and pickup a few brake parts from autozone/napa/rockauto.

If you get a chance, I'd sure appreciate it if you could drop a tape on those axles before you slide them in. Just to satisfy my curiosity.

If you get a chance, I'd sure appreciate it if you could drop a tape on those axles before you slide them in. Just to satisfy my curiosity.

No problem!

Attachments

• DSCN4792.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 626
Motor is out! Were cooking now!

Attachments

• DSCN4794.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 598
Holy crap, you move fast.

Just think how fast I could move if I didn't work 40 hours a week plus stuff to do on the house! Being a homeowner can be a pain at times.

Engine rebuild kit is in! WOOT!

Nothing but rain here the last two days... today is suppose to be nice though.

Oh, I found the roller cam I was looking for!

Roller cam? Is the block set up for rollers or do you have some other plan to run a roller cam? What did you find?

Roller cam? Is the block set up for rollers or do you have some other plan to run a roller cam? What did you find?

Magnum motor = roller cam.

One of the reasons I'm using the magnum engine, never having to worry about a cam going flat and roller profiles for max power.

Ah. You had said 360 block with Magnum heads, wasn't sure if you were going with retro lifters or had a roller block.

I agree, roller is the way to go. I had push rod clearance issues with the R/T heads I put on my numbers matching block, and I could have clearanced them with a file, but it was just enough to push me over the edge and I stepped up to a set of Hughes roller lifters. Stock 2000 5.9 truck cam for now, we will see if I upgrade it later.

So what cam?

Ah. You had said 360 block with Magnum heads, wasn't sure if you were going with retro lifters or had a roller block.

The 360LA is going away, sold to a friend perhaps.

Being cagey on the cam specs for the moment ;-)

ugh, kids all over today.

Pulled the wiring harness, washer bottle, ign. box, coil and headlights.

Nice to have a day off, even if the weather is crappy!

Pulled the 727 transmission, driveshaft, exhaust system, drivers header (trapped by drag link of course) and gas tank.

I might be able to use the driveshaft and the fuel tank is going to get refinished and reinstalled as it is in good shape.

One or two more days and it will be ready to roll off to the bodyshop!

Attachments

• DSCN4802.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 547
  • DSCN4803.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 561
  • DSCN4804.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 557
Been slow going- Due to a family emergancy things have been off the hook for the last 3 weeks.

Last night setup a carport and pulled the windshield, vinyl roof and trim, wiper motor and some other odds and ends in the engine bay. Tonight I'm going to try and pull the dash, rear window and bench seat. Need to make a brace so the e-brake still works while the dash is out, I need to strip the brake lines out of the engine bay.

Picked up some more parts, decent set of visors, new window cranks, overhead lamp lens, visor tips and a good roller cam for the engine arrived.

Jacob hanging out in the car while I work in the bay.

Attachments

• DSCN4822.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 532
Some more pics- The car had the original carpet, check out the chunks of headliner on the floor from when they did the factory install!

Attachments

• DSCN4837.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 526
  • DSCN4836.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 513
On you shift rods, did you put the bushings in, metal or plastic?
On some year shifters you have to use a different end on the reverse rod, or turn the diamater down on the adjustment end in a lathe.

On you shift rods, did you put the bushings in, metal or plastic?
On some year shifters you have to use a different end on the reverse rod, or turn the diamater down on the adjustment end in a lathe.

I sent them back, they were wrong.

Had yesterday off due to a medical issue so I did some painting...

Kickpanels with Duplicolor gloss plastic & vinyl spray after filling a hole with plastic repair, came out nice.

Painted the visor hardware with duplicolor silver (a ford hue I think, very close to original) and the mirror hardware too. Cleaned & polished mirror (stainless)

Painted the visors with duplicolor flat black plastic and vinyl. Had some flashing which I'm not to happy about. I noticed it did it with a new can I purchased and not an old batch that I didn't have enough to finish with. Letting them sit for a few hours and giving them a swip with armor all seems to have gotten it to settle down but not that happy about it.

The a-pillar moldings- UGH! Turned into a disaster. For some reason after prepping & painting the paint crazed like mad. Ended up sanding the piece and painting it with Fusion gloss black which doesn't like as nice as the Duplicolor gloss black uses on the kickpanels but the fusion didn't craze.

Maybe I'll post some pictures tonight, thanks for following!

-
Back