1967 Dodge Dart GT Convertible

-
I thought they are stainless but now I am questioning that. I tried to buff one area on mine and either used the wrong compound but it looks worse than before. If they are aluminum they might be bright anodized.

Found this:
Cleaning and Polishing Anodized Aluminum

I thought they are stainless but now I am questioning that. I tried to buff one area on mine and either used the wrong compound but it looks worse than before. If they are aluminum they might be bright anodized.

Found this:
Cleaning and Polishing Anodized Aluminum
The side trim is aluminum, anodized.....the windshield trim is stainless.

They have them back in stock? Thats great. Bought mine 4 or 5 years ago, then they went out-of-stock.
My trim holes have been filled in when i make the new hole how does that rubber plug hold the clip on does the backside of the clip go through the hole then plug ?

Are you talking about the rocker molding or the top of fender/door trim

The top of fender trim uses a small o ring to seal. The post goes into the hole, then a pin spreads the post to lock it into the hole.

The rocker has a top hat shaped rubber seal that fits over the prongs on the clip that go thru the holes in the rockers. When you pinch the prongs on the outside of the clip it spreads the prongs in the rubber and locking it in the hole. Alternately you could use a screw to attach each clip to the body and fill the hole with dumb dumb

Are you talking about the rocker molding or the top of fender/door trim

The top of fender trim uses a small o ring to seal. The post goes into the hole, then a pin spreads the post to lock it into the hole.

The rocker has a top hat shaped rubber seal that fits over the prongs on the clip that go thru the holes in the rockers. When you pinch the prongs on the outside of the clip it spreads the prongs in the rubber and locking it in the hole. Alternately you could use a screw to attach each clip to the body and fill the hole with dumb dumb
Top fender trim just wanted to make sure
Going to be a tricky job drilling and lining up trim lol

Do you have one side to measure from?

BTW holes for the V8 on the fender are not the same driver's to pass side.

The leading edge of the V or the 8 is the same distance from the front of the fender, which makes the he's slightly different.

The GT fender badge holes are the same pass to drivers side.

The large hole for fender top turn signal is large and there is not a lot of room for error.

I have some of the hole locations but it would take some time to find.

There was a FABO member who had an OEM GT with the trim off recently, if it is still that way maybe he would make a detailed sketch of all the holes, dia, locations, count etc.

The passenger side of my dart is unmolested, but all the trim is on.

Hi guys.
Looking for the clips for the top fender trim 67GT
i have search at moparshop but came out short.

I dont want to start an arguemment here but... the fender mounted sigmal indicaters appeared as part of a lighting pachage in 1968. To save a few coins Chrysler decided to omit the bulbs at the inst. panel indicaters of vehicles that got those fender ( or hood ) mounted lights. Those bulbs were added back before the end of the 1st year. Too many complaints.
I've owned several darts over the years starting in '74 ish with a 67 GT, purchased it from my father who was the original owner. It had the fender mounted turn signals. Later on I purchased a 69 340 swinger in the summer of '75 (still have it). The swinger has the bullet style fender mounted signals (L31 on the fender tag) which was an option. Both cars had dash illuminated turn signal lights as well as the fender signals which operated in unison. Possibly on B,C or E body's they may have eliminated the bulbs as you mentioned but as far as I believe they didn't on A body's. Just my two cents.

-
Back