1967 Plymouth Barracuda Coupe

-

Average Joe

Reaction score
Starting on a 1967 Barracuda coupe.
Here is the plan for the build.
Pro touring multi use setup. Drag,street,road race.
5.7 Hemi
Coil over suspension
4 wheel disc brake
overdrive transmission.

Picked up a 5.7 Hemi in fort collins and A518 trans in Denver this weekend for 450.00
So far one of the heads is to warped to reuse but the short block is machinable.
Does anyone know of a shop that would rebuild the 518 that I have and not just do an exchange. I am in Colorado Springs and thought I would see if anyone can help.
Thanks,Joe

Ok, I just asked another member that is doing a LS swap in his dart if we can do a comparison for cost and power. 5.7 Ls VS. 5.7 Hemi.

So this is what I started with. Basket Case 5.7 Hemi the heads were junk and the early 5.7 rotating assembly,rods and pistons aren't that great for performance.
Please keep in mind I know that in stock form the 5.7 hemi is a great transplant and has good power and reliability but I like to build performance engines. Its fun for me
AND I WILL POST PICS NEXT WEEK WHEN I GET SOME OF THE PARTS I KNOW THE THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS.LOL
I would like to thank Dave and Chris at MODERN MUSCLE for helping me with this build.

Block = 300.0 ( Craigslist)
New 6.1 CandC ported complete cylinder heads with upgraded springs = 2800.00 (Modern Muscle)
Low mile take out 6.1 forged steel crankshaft = 395.00 ( Modern Muscle)
New Scat 4340 forged stock replacement rods = 385.00 (scat industries )
New Wiseco 5.7 Drop in forged pistons with rings= 715.00 (Rocky mountain machine)
New 6.1 Bumpstick cam Modern muscle grind = 495.00 (Modern Muscle)
New Timing Chain 6.1 Timing Chain= 139.00 (Modern Muscle)
New Melling high volume pump= 175.00 ( Modern Muscle)
New 6.1 lifters and pushrods= 499.00 (Modern Muscle)
Low miles take out 6.1 balancer=60.00 ( Modern Muscle)

$ 5963.00 total to this point.

I will take them!!!!!!!!! I will pay shipping!!!!!! Pleeeeeeeeease! I am sooooo desperate!!!!!!!!!

67 Cuda fenders are hard to come by unless your willing to go fiberglass.

Should be a great project, good luck. (and do NOT toss anything!)

Here's mine...

Attachments

• IMG_4460 (Large).jpg
    50 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_4430 (Large).jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_4436 (Large).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_4434 (Large).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 283
Nice! Your car is beautiful.

I got the cylinder heads friday and the rest of the engine parts are coming today.
I will post pics of the build this week.

Finally after the some of the snow has melted. I got a chance to take out the engine and trans.took some pictures of what I am starting with.The car is a little rough for now.
Not a lot of rust which is good but not sure if I can save the passenger fender.
DOES ANYONE HAVE FENDERS FOR A BARRACUDA??? IF SO PM ME.
Thanks,Joe

View attachment 1714798884

View attachment 1714798885

View attachment 1714798886

View attachment 1714798887

View attachment 1714798888

Save the fender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My front passenger fender was WAY worse than that and I managed to massage it out and I used almost ZERO filler. It took a lot of re-shrinking but it looks better than it did new.
Or you could send it to me and I will make good use out of it and it will pay for most of my interior when sold.

Good plan seeing as those fenders are a form of gold and are worth more than the rest of the car is now.

I figured that out quick when I started searching for another passenger fender only to find ones in worse shape selling for 600.00 .So I decided to stop being a baby about it and fix them.
The fenders on my charger were in the same condition and straightened those.
I thought parts for the barracuda were readily available like for the dart. WRONG!!!
This is my first A-body so I am learning.

After getting my Charger done I got a chance to finish building the 5.7 for the Barracuda.

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 184
-
Back