-
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmoparmofo

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi I just picked up a 67 Barracuda Fastback 273 car. I'm looking for the Plymouth letters that go across the header panel, I have none. Also looking for the Chrome window molding for around the Fastback window. i assume it should have chrome molding around the windshield as well? mine has none, so probably need that too. Also the trunk finish panel and the chrome trim for above and below it. Also dark blue front door panels that are not cut up for speakers . Parts do not need to be mint, driver quality is fine. Let me know what you have, thanks I appreciate it!

Last edited:
The 67's are a chrome plastic lock strip in the window seal. 68 and up are stainless steel with
lock clips behind it that holds the trim on.

2 door darts have the same front window and you can use it to upgrade to newer style. 4 door post
darts are taller.

The locking strips are not very durable with uv rays and do shrink and yellow. So I say its best to
upgrade to 68 69 style.

Just got done switching my 67 to 68 stainless trim and window gaskets. The windshield and rear glass has to come out by the way.

Just got done switching my 67 to 68 stainless trim and window gaskets. The windshield and rear glass has to come out by the way.
Thanks for the info, so it sounds like I'm better off looking for used chrome trim for a 68 or 69 model and maybe taking it to a window shop? I guess they can order the correct gaskets and pull the glass out?

The 67's are a chrome plastic lock strip in the window seal. 68 and up are stainless steel with
lock clips behind it that holds the trim on.

2 door darts have the same front window and you can use it to upgrade to newer style. 4 door post
darts are taller.

The locking strips are not very durable with uv rays and do shrink and yellow. So I say its best to
upgrade to 68 69 style.
Thanks for the information, that makes more sense now I was trying to figure out what the deal was especially with my Fastback Glass trim. It's done exactly what you said and kind of yellowed and shrunk.

The stainless reveal moldings for front window can come from any no post 2 door hardtop a-body. This molding is reproduced too. The rear window is a different animal. 68,9 B'cuda fastback OEM is the only source so... You'll pay dearly for that reveal molding. 300 to 500 depending on condition.
The wide center piece for the trunk lid in good condition is fairly common but still sometimes waaaaay overpriced. The 2 smaller upper and lower trims are typically beat up, needing straighten and polish, but those are reproduced also.
The 67 fish was severely over badged. The correct P L Y M O U T H scattered across the nose are all chrome. A one year/car only item. Majority of letters you find available on ebay etc.., are the wrong ones. They are paint filled and have their mounting studs in different positions.
A 68 header panel that doesn't have all those feckin holes in it is a alternative solution. Hope this helps.

I have:
Header letters
All 3 pieces of trunk trim
Windshield and back glass stainless

The stainless reveal moldings for front window can come from any no post 2 door hardtop a-body. This molding is reproduced too. The rear window is a different animal. 68,9 B'cuda fastback OEM is the only source so... You'll pay dearly for that reveal molding. 300 to 500 depending on condition.
The wide center piece for the trunk lid in good condition is fairly common but still sometimes waaaaay overpriced. The 2 smaller upper and lower trims are typically beat up, needing straighten and polish, but those are reproduced also.
The 67 fish was severely over badged. The correct P L Y M O U T H scattered across the nose are all chrome. A one year/car only item. Majority of letters you find available on ebay etc.., are the wrong ones. They are paint filled and have their mounting studs in different positions.
A 68 header panel that doesn't have all those feckin holes in it is a alternative solution. Hope this helps.
I was wondering about those Plymouth letters and if they interchange with any other models. The seller gave me a center panel for the trunk. its dinged up a bit for sure. i'll keep my eyes open, i have seen some parts on ebay but really expensive. my car isnt mint, just a decent driver needing some work. hard to justify paying some of the prices i have seen. definitely a lot more emblems than my first car which was a 68 notchback. thanks for the info.

I have some of the items you are looking for. I am in Michigan as well. PM me if you want to come over and see. Better off seeing in person rather than looking at pictures. What part of Mi. are you from?

I have some of the items you are looking for. I am in Michigan as well. PM me if you want to come over and see. Better off seeing in person rather than looking at pictures. What part of Mi. are you from?
I’m in lowa 52537. Have a lot of 67 chrome lm not going to ise

someone once told me that the windshield gasket molding on the 80's Dodge Ram trucks would replace the rear window channel trim on a 67 Barracuda

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back